Hose Ramps- any one use them?

V

vegijohn

These are the ramps that allow wheelchair riders and baby strollers to ride over your hoses and are made of yellow plastic.

In SF if you block wheelchair access the fine is $250 but haven't been tagged yet.

I'm afraid that if I buy the ramp it will just end up in storage like many other cc items. If I don't I might get tagged.

Greenie

We had one of those exact ramps, I think MasterBlend put it out through Hydro-Force, they are super popular in the UK so they must have the same fines or worse. It works reasonably well, but it won't accept 2.5" hose very well, so consider that. It's a bit heavy and you do have to be careful opening it as I ripped a couple screws on the hinge out of the plastic one day being careless, so maybe they beefed that part up since as I'm sure i wasn't the only one. It's like many things, as much a show as a useful tool.

Mike Brummett

I have one and I wouldn't be without it. Sometimes we have to park downtown and run hose across the public sidewalk.
There are not any fines here that I am aware of, but I don't want some one tripping on a hose and then trying to use some ambulance chaser lawyer to "get all the money they're entitled to".

Since the truck is close by, with the signage and all, it also sends a message that you care. Mom's with strollers and people in wheelchairs do appreciate it, I'm sure.

I love how it folds in the middle and has a neat recessed carrying handle.
Mine will not end up in the garage because it stays on the truck at all times.

MIKE

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
looks just right

The Christmas wish is getting longer!! :D

Found out the one ramp from this company is $1000!!! And I would need 2 for the width.
They are a weee bit overpriced for my needs.

The search goes on.

Back
Top Bottom