HOST and CAPTURE.. what's the difference?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Whats the difference?

Besides the name.

Host has bigger chunks to "TRY" and vacuum up?

leesenter

We use Capture on fibers where the left over white powder won't show, and use Host on the fibers where the left over brown powder won't show.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I guess that makes sense Lee.

But I see you're from Kanada so All bets are off.

Fred Geyen

With the Host you have less chance of putting dust into the air.

Capture if not aggitated while it is damp can create its own insurance loss
by filling the air with dust and covering things with a fine powder that customers do not seem to like. Guess how we found that our.

Capture is a less aggressive cleaner it relies on the pre-spray to clean (shampoo/encap if you will.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
So in essence you could use a SHAMPOO like ENC and then spread the powder down and then hope for it to cling to some dirt?

Rambo

Capture is a man made polymer with alcohol base, mfg by Milliken in Spartenburg, S.C. who also mfgs. carpet. As far as I know they are the only carpet mfg. making a carpet cleaner. Host is corn based with cleaning chemicals added mfg. by Racine Industries in Racine, Wisconsin by the Rench family.

Michael Ellis

Name
Michael Ellis
Richard. Anything left in the carpet due to a lack of vacuuming is not good. Fortunately Host has a level of poultice action that continues after the initial vacuuming to lower the possibility of re-soiling.

P.S. I always chuckle when I hear a cleaner rant that his TM cannot remove residual Host. If it cannot remove residual Host, what does it do with all other vacuum-able particles??

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No ranting here, I never mentioned TM's I'm more concerned with vacuums, both the customers and yours as a professional.

I have not seen one that removes residual dry powers effectively, we have tried pile lifters, which help but still take quite a bit of time.

When we price cleaning following dry compounds we usual do so explaining that this is more restorative cleaning than maintenance cleaning.

What type of vacuum are you using that is working for you? :?:

If you have a good method of removing it dry, I'd prefer to do it dry, prior to HWE cleaning.

Thanks
Richard

Rambo

Best method for removing Host, Capture, Brush and gone, etc from the carpet is with the GLS CRB type machine with renovator trays on the machine, beats any vacuum I ever saw.

Michael Ellis

Name
Michael Ellis
The rant remark goes back to years of Host bashing...FYI.

I use a 12" Vibragroom I Sanitaire. Nothing removes all dry particulate in a tight yarn in one pass but that comes the closest from what I have tried. Plus it is rugged as a Sherman tank.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Ray:

What was it, a year or so ago when nobody could've given you a GLS machine? You harped on the plastic gears, and the light weight. Now it's the best thing going?

You sure are a fickle fuc$%r!

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Nylon is pretty tough stuff to use for gears. I would prefer nylon gears over a belt driven machine.

The Preacher

i changed one set of gears since i bought mine in 02, and it was used when i got it, so no telling how old they were???

Rambo

Marty, to set the record straight, I have been using CRB machines for over 27 years now (Host, Whittaker and a couple of others) The prodding about the plastic gears was to rile you up. Seems like I suceeded. I thought you were smarter than that.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Marty we all know that rambo was only trying to bolster chemstracter sales for Ricky and down grade his competition.

Greenie

Time is money, and host is very slow in residential, and a PITA to vacuum up properly.
It's sweet spot is regular use in commercial from the get go, befoer it gets a soil load.....and then, don't ever extract it, stay with host every month.

Greenie

Host stories where do I start... only thing worse is trying to clean Wall to wall wool cut pile with a rag spinner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom