HOST-cleaned a job with host yesterday.

WISE

Up until yesterday we had been using our Host Freestyle as a scrubber on carpet and it does a killer job on scrubbing tile. We also use it with the HOST sponges to clean Seagrass and it has worked well.

Yesterday I had an office scheduled; about 3000sf. So I decided to HOST it...and I have to say it went pretty well. It did clean quite well. I have both the Host regular sponges and the Special Jobs. I did not try the SJ. If I had one issue it would be the edging and under desks...had to come back with the vacuum and catch those, but no biggie.

Anyway--just passing it along. Worked great, carpets immediately dry.

WISE

Brian L

Name
Brian L
What did you use to vacuum the sponges? Or does the Freestyle have a vac in it, like the Liberator.

WISE

The Freestyle has the "extractor vac"--it is removable. With the vac on, you can't go under a desk, so I went back a vac'd those areas with my reg. vacuum. Nice vac system on it.

WISE

WISE

Jimmy--

I will look when I get to the office in the morning... I want to say the regular Host sponges were about $30 for 12lbs. And the special jobs was more; but you use less.

I was surprised how little it took to do the whole job. (Probably used +/- 1.5 lbs) A little seems to go a long way...I will say most of this carpet was not badly soiled. Entry was pretty impacted and dirty.

WISE

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Hope you did a really, really good job of vacuuming. Otherwise you're in for a browning problem the first time you have to extract.

WISE

I vac'd with Host and then when complete vac'd the whole place with the clearview. And Janitorial company vacs every night also.

I did get quite a bit when post vac'd.

WISE

Greenie

When I was a Host boy, the secret to never having any problems was to never extract a long term host job, just keep hosting it. I've seen host jobs where they saw nothing but host for 10 years, and still looked remarkably good.

Sometimes you just have to stay with the voodoo.

That clean and dry immediately stuff is pretty cool, but vacuuming up sponges kinda sucks, and liek Randy said edges, under deaska nd stuff like that will make you run for a GLS or rotary.

It's strength is big areas, long halls of light soil commercial.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom