Host is the real champ of MF!

Mikey P

Administrator
I just got in from High School Hockey night at the Rink.

I took a look at all the areas cleaned last week and with out a doubt the Hosted areas looked brighter and cleaner then any other areas.

If I get a bucket of Host Sponges can I use my GLS and Sanitaires to do the job?

You have to remember that the Rink's nylon CGD is poorly vacuumed, never spotted, ran over by thousands of wheeled teenagers a week and adjacent to a black top driveway. While HWE and or Cmexing can do OK, I think that the HOST may be the magic answer in this situation.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I think the Certified Pile Brush digs deeper & turns faster... I could be wrong. IT WOULDN'T BE THE FIRST TIME. Besides the natural brushes have about 10x the bristles as the host brushes so that should do a lot more digging I really can't say about the GLS... Ive never really checked one out other than to look at it & say " Wow a GLS look at all the crap it digs out...". But the one at the rink did dig out a ton and a half of crud. I can say that the pile brush does dig out an amazing amount of shit from the depths of the pile. The only bad thing is you still have to vacuum...

John Watson

Your GLS and vac will work, But make sure you wait till the host is dry before trying to vac it up... It tends to plug vacuums and if it's still wet or damp from its solvents it will dissolve you bag. When I last used the stuff that was a major problem especially when to much host was put down.. A little goes a long way. The new Liberator units from Host are the cats meow.

Fred Geyen

Mickey that is real interesting. Vacuuming with the Host Liberator is the real deal.

The best demo we do is Host, in a small area it can make any other system look bad. Our people hate doing large areas with it but it is one MEAN demo when you are cleaning 100 sq. ft. or less I am not shocked by your results. A school district in our area has 32 Host Liberators.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Are you for real ???

I thought all the hype about Host was crap.

Do you have any before & after photo's ??

Or are you taking the piss out of me again ??

I have one of the older host machines, like the little one above, minus the tank.

I have only ever used it with Capture, with moderate success.

Name
BradFenstermaker
I'm sure it looks good but how long would it really take to do the whole rink??

Just seemed like he took awhile for 80sqft.

Brad

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
The Liberator has been out for quite a while now.

How long does it take for the HOST corn stalks to dry?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Amazing!
We have an old Host machine maybe we need to play with it some more?

How about residual sponges? My experience has been that it is effective for a while and then the carpet gets full and vacuuming doesn't seem to remove all the compound.

In fact HWE has trouble removing all the compound, we have had some accounts that switched methods due to dusting problems from residual compound.

So I don't know if it's operator error (using too much) or not enough vacuuming but eventually the sponges dry out and go from being an Ally to an enemy.

Without the solvency to attract soil, doesn't it just become another contaminant?
:?:

The Preacher

if you have large open areas a good Wide Area Vac only costs $3-4k. Powrflite make a good counter rotating brush sweeper that might be the ticket for removing the sponges.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
WhAT ABOUT CELLULOSE BROWNING WHEN THE CARPET DOES GET FLUSHED? (Sorry about the caps lock) Wouldn't all those veggie sponges turn funny colors?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
IF you choose to use Host, the challenge is to remove all the particles after cleaning.

As Jeremy mentioned, the two-motor Certified Pile Brush is a very good tool for the job. The AC 1/2 HP motor provides more brush power.

On CGD carpets, the floor may be uneven, leaving pockets of residue.

Larry Cobb

GRHeacock

Here's another suggestion-

Get down on your knees, part the tufts and see whether there is some non removed Host "Sponges" (Ground corncobs and corn stalks)

Check several areas while down.

Look at the backing, and sides of the tufts.

I can see it from here, quite a bit of non removed "Sponges".

Host can call them sponges, because, yes, they are somewhat absorbent.

Gary

And All this time I thought you knew what you were doing.

A $1k scrubber, some corn, and a vacuum can out clean your $100k highest performance rig. Sounds like you still have some learning and host is teaching.

You have a long ways to go to get into my league!

Name
Deborah Lema
Mikey P said:
If I get a bucket of Host Sponges can I use my GLS and Sanitaires to do the job?

I don't know of any testing done at the plant with GLS machines, so I don't really know, but since I'm not a salesperson I'm going to say why not. I know of some differences between the machines that I could argue about, but I don't feel like it.

And as was mentioned, however, you should wait for the dirty product to dry before vacuuming. Standard vacs aren't designed to handle moisture, either in the motor or in the bag.

Regards,
Debbie

Rambo

Mikey, You can use the GLS and the Sanitaire to clean. I have used plenty of Host machines and also GLS machines. Actually the GLS because of it's weight does a better job than the light weight Host machine. Most all of the demos that were done b4 the Liberator were done with Sanitaire with cloth shake out bags because we didn't have time to wait for the Host (ground up corn cobs) to dry. Capture is made of man made polymers with a alcohol as a cleaning agent, not as natural as Host. I have seen Host lightly change the color of carpets, especially the lighter colors. Both Host and Capture are extremely difficult to remove all of the particles from the carpet regardless of which vacuum you use. The cost of product, Capture and Host , keep us from using it in our business. Since encapsulation (and NO Jimmy, it's not your daddys shampoo) I see no need for either of these products, of course that is just MHO

Name
Deborah Lema
Robert,

Most experienced HOST users use between 1 and 3 cents per square foot. It's usually a little higher when you're restoring, and obviously lower when soiling is less. Some folks that do frequent cleanings on a particular carpet keep it well below 1 cent per square foot, although in those situations they usually only clean about 30% of the total square footage.
Me, I overuse it. I know better, but I just keep flinging it around. I probably wouldn't though if I didn't get free leftovers.

Regards,
Debbie

green research said:
Robert,

Most experienced HOST users use between 1 and 3 cents per square foot. It's usually a little higher when you're restoring, and obviously lower when soiling is less. Some folks that do frequent cleanings on a particular carpet keep it well below 1 cent per square foot, although in those situations they usually only clean about 30% of the total square footage.
Me, I overuse it. I know better, but I just keep flinging it around. I probably wouldn't though if I didn't get free leftovers.

Regards,
Debbie

Interesting Deb. 75 years in business??? Geezz...that's crazy.
Rob.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
That's awesome. Who here would have placed a bet on HOST for apperance.

I was betting on bissel or rug doctor :lol:

Albert

Fred Geyen

So the carpet looks the best done with Host and all anybody can say is "look for the Host left in the carpet".

How about a little fair play! Lets look close at the carpets done by ENCAP maybe.
Not only is the Encap stuck on the carpet but so is all the dirt along with it.

Don't cast stones if you live in a glass house the saying goes.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Fred Geyen said:
So the carpet looks the best done with Host and all anybody can say is "look for the Host left in the carpet".

i agree. as most of us know, commercial CC'ing is often times about appearance more than anything else.

like Gary posted recently, we are only trying to clean the tips of the tuft bundles of CGD. why would i care about some corn husks left over?

my question is this, might the left over corn spongie things actually continue to "clean" as they are walked on? grabbing soil and then being slowly plucked up in future vacuumings?

Debbie?

thanx --- Derek.

Name
Deborah Lema
Chris Muetterties said:
Are all Host machines sold direct or thru dealers ? Can you use the Liberator to pre srub for HWE ?

New ones, through distribution. Used ones? Who knows. Sometimes ebay or other auctions. Also, sometimes distributors want to sell off demo models.
Lots of people use them to pile lift and pre-scrub. Why not?

Regards,
Debbie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom