How about a little stone help

Name
Ron lippold
I have a very soft travertine and it wont take a shine.. Has anyone used a stone densifier that hardens the floor. If so call me with details. 505-620-4682 ASAP. thanks...

Gary T

What polishing powder are you using?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Gary T

Can't help ya there. Powders are TOO SCARY DANGEROUS to be in a customers home.

Couldn't monkey tech support help?

Try running the 11,000 nearly dry, just a very small spritz of water. Keep it moving pretty fast or you'll orange peel the stone.

Get some Magic Als polishing paste and hog hair pads, try running it after the kitty pads.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Hey Ron.

I didn't snap till now but I think Steve High has densifier on the shelf.

Gary T

Re: Re: How about a little stone help

George III said:
Hey Ron.

I didn't snap till now but I think Steve High has densifier on the shelf.
What a waste of friggen time.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Just a bit of powder with the monkey pad should do the trick. Diaglo and Stone Pro's Diamond renew are both very user friendly. They are both the same fyi. By using a bit of powder you won't have to go up all your grits with the Cheetah's. Usually you can polish after #2 or #3. Adding the powder will make the stone pop faster.

Then again this stone may not take a polish. Let us know if you use the densifier and how it worked.

Albert

bahrahm

there is no stone densifier, i dont know how much u charging and what service ur custy want... if ur custy really want shining as marble it not gonna happen cuz it is too soft but it will shine if u do right(use right polishing power with red pad. if there is deep scratches start 50 grit to 800 grit)

Name
Ron lippold
well I figured I would come out ok, the customer loved it and i collected 6987.53. I learned alot, I used powders, pastes, cheetah, monkeys and densifer.
IMAG0206.jpg

IMAG0333-1.jpg

IMAG0334-2.jpg

IMAG0489.jpg

IMAG0490.jpg

IMAG0511.jpg

IMAG0509.jpg

IMAG0508.jpg

IMAG0510.jpg

IMAG0502.jpg

they loved the floor and sent me home with 6 area rugs..... shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Name
Ron lippold
to long. I could have had it done sooner but was trying everything to get a better pop. 35 hrs on the job thathurts thathurts

Name
Ron lippold
i would love to flatten a floor but I cant find any one that wants it done... but ill take the lipps shiteatinggrin :shock: shiteatinggrin

Name
Ron lippold
I would hit it with a 11000 grit monkey have 3 on hand with the lippage, 50 pounds of weight and 2 coats of densifer. done check in hand.. shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin I have never had this problem with travertine. This stuff was soft... The 11ooo pad would remove scratches. I cant wait to try the cheetahs on a harder floor.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
That looks like limestone Ron. Did you get to see the back of a spare tile. I'm glad the customer liked it. That stone was not made to take a polish but people get tired of the dull look and want bling.

Albert

Name
Ron lippold
Yes Al I actually went to the quarry where the cut the stone.. Funny thing the owner doesnt sell it any more due to the softness of the stone. I think we saved this floor from more damage...

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
What did the densifier do?. In concrete some people will densify then burnish, this gives a denser floor and a decent shine after it has been processed. It kinda acts like a micro coating that won't peel or flake.

Albert

C

clean image

WOW,

Are those scratch patterns from the cheetahs?

What did the 2 coats of dentifier do?

Bellhop worked for his money those 35 hours

are those the after pics?

Maybee it the camera or lighting, , if so those after floor pictures look terrible

Name
Ron lippold
no there were scratches before we started. funny thing this stone was so soft that a 8000 pads even removed scratches. The densifer gave it the wet look and a differnt feel. They said if it has to be done once a year they dont care. It gave them more than they expected.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Albert Lazo said:
What did the densifier do?. In concrete some people will densify then burnish, this gives a denser floor and a decent shine after it has been processed. It kinda acts like a micro coating that won't peel or flake.

Albert

not a coating Albert.... but rather it bonds to it at a micro level....feels in the gaps as well as make the top layer ohhh like 1/8 hard...then the burnishing just helps to close up the gaps....

hence is why some floors they say the more wear is on them the better they shine....the more you autoscrub them or burnish....

sometimes people get mad when it doesnt "pop" like they think it should....well it aint floor finish and it changes over time, not 1 time

I am undecided if i like it or not.....that floor with the blotches in it looks crappy.....

but then again i wouldnt pay almost 7k to get it done either :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Name
Ron lippold
doug when we got started that floor looked like shit, granted its not flat or perfect but it changed their whole house, thats why I got paid, I did not like it either but you have to draw the line in the sand and stake yor point, their happy I got paid and they love me. The floor looks a hell of alot better. cheaper than busting it up.....

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
The more I look at the before pics, the more like mud they look. I see why they got rid of it. This floor was a bad idea from the start. Poor owners, I hope your solution lasts them a long while.

Doug, as you say, the densifier is used usually after the metal steps specially on the softer stuff. However some also use it as a last step, a few light coats and burnish in between. It's a lot cheaper then applying a guard.

Ron, I'm curious, after you densified did you ever use any diamonds to see if the stone got more dense?

Albert

Name
Ron lippold
Al it did make it harder, but the powders and the paste would cut the stone enough to remove the densifer. My last step was to hit it with the monkeys and 50 lbs of weight very litttle water, then two coats of densifer. I was there today to bring her some cleaner and micro fiber flat mops to take care of the floor. They love it.. Cleaning all the carpet on monday... shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Gary T

after you densified did you ever use any diamonds to see if the stone got more dense?
Why are you guys wasting time and good money? Densifier doesn't do squat to stone. If you guys would take a few hours to practice with powders or pastes you would save a ton of time, money and headaches in the future.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Gary T said:
after you densified did you ever use any diamonds to see if the stone got more dense?
Why are you guys wasting time and good money? Densifier doesn't do squat to stone. If you guys would take a few hours to practice with powders or pastes you would save a ton of time, money and headaches in the future.
yeah I agree...powders/MPC...I would have tried to talk them into color enhancing that stone after honing, but that's me

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom