How are you extracting?

Wand or...?

• Total voters

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I'm sorry, but I ditched my 'normal' Westpac and replaced it with a high performance Greenhorn kitted CMP.

I'd hardly call it 'normal' Then I usually prescrub with either a Cimex or Brute...

Jack :p

Willy P

Name
Willy P
1- Wanding only (pre vaced)
2- Prescrub with 175 and wand
3- Lift pile, vacuum and scrub with Host Liberator, wand
4- Host powder system
5- Encap with Liberator
6- Rotary with polyester pads

That's a loaded question as each job usually has different needs.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have (2) Rotovacs and (2) 175. I on each truck. I have gone back and forth on the best way to handle most residential. Most of the time I use the 175 and then my glided wand but becuase it is so heavy (I have the cast mercury about 135lbs) I am trying to get back to Rotovac and then glided wand(rinse and groom out circles)

Willy
I also have a HOST Liberator and I have found that if anything gets on those brushes next job it streaks the carpet to start. How do you handle that, I don't want customers seeing me get their carpets dirty before I clean them

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Matt Murdock said:
Willy
I also have a HOST Liberator and I have found that if anything gets on those brushes next job it streaks the carpet to start. How do you handle that, I don't want customers seeing me get their carpets dirty before I clean them

I just flip it over, put on a glove and pull the crud out of the bars on the vac shoe. I show it to the customer so they see what I dug out of the carpet that the home vac left behind. Also, flipping it on it's side or back and just running the brushes will clear out a lot of debris - sometimes I put a 9 inch spike gently in the brushes while they're running to clear them. Which brushes are you using?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you have a liberator? you don't just flip a liberator. It is the size of R2-D2

I am 6'2" 245 lbs and have a bench of well over 3 bills and can shoulder press 285lbs and I am not just flipping it because it rides on its brushes with no support frame so you have to lift and flip

Greenie

Willie is not just a man, he's a man's man.

Lib is big, I imagine leaning it on it's side. I had the smaller units, those things are waaaay under estimated in this industry, the host metal hair catching tines are magical, ain't a vacuum in the world can touch em for hair and crap.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Matt Murdock said:
you have a liberator? you don't just flip a liberator. It is the size of R2-D2

I am 6'2" 245 lbs and have a bench of well over 3 bills and can shoulder press 285lbs and I am not just flipping it because it rides on its brushes with no support frame so you have to lift and flip
Geez- I can only bench 3 hundy once, but do my sets of 10 @250. I was using some poetic licence - Lay it on it's side, slide back the holding latches, slip it out and and go from there.
Greenie said:
Willie is not just a man, he's a man's man.

Lib is big, I imagine leaning it on it's side. I had the smaller units, those things are waaaay under estimated in this industry, the host metal hair catching tines are magical, ain't a vacuum in the world can touch em for hair and crap.

BINGO! I think it's one of the best tools in my toolbox. I've got three 175's and they get pretty lonely waiting for work.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
have you done side by side comparisons between the HOST and 175? and what is the weight of your 175

Thanks Wlly

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Matt Murdock said:
have you done side by side comparisons between the HOST and 175? and what is the weight of your 175

Thanks Wlly

Sure I've done side by sides, I find that there's far less likelihood of pile distortion with the Host and it just seems to dig out crud better. Work it a 45 degree angles in nasties. I've got three 175's - one light weight Pneumatic that's mostly plastic, and 2 metal 14 inch. A full tank weighs them pretty well. I'd be more precise, but I had hernia surgery yesterday. I usually lay down a heavy prespray and work from there as the shampoo just uses way more water than is needed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom