How are you or your techs using Service Monster in the home?

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
with my customer mailings and service charges Service monster gets over $4,000 per year. Anything that saves office time is usually a great investment imo
I 100% agree - you need to find a person that works for you 24/7 to do all the admin of telling, data entry, follow up and scheduling... and get that person to work for $200 a month. Much luck! :lol:

FYI... just a joke!

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I figure a $10.00 office girl is costing upwards of $13.00 an hour tax adjusted.
40 x $13.00 $520.00 a week

$520.0 x 4.33 $2,251.60 a month

$2,251.60 x 12 $27,019.20 a year
*more with benefits, vacation, health insurance, disability, life, SEP

You could be saving $24K or more depending on what the rate would be in your area for office staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Shane Deubell

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
I figure a $10.00 office girl is costing upwards of $13.00 an hour tax adjusted.

You could be saving $24K or more depending on what the rate would be in your area for office staff.

And that is only paying her for the 8 hours a day. Who is going to do all this the other 16 hours that digital mom is thinking about you?

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
We finally settled on a scheduling software and Service Monster is it!!! We are excited to be using SM now!!!!

Welcome to the club. We've been using for 7 years.

PS. When I spoke to Sam he said they would be adding an option in the future to allow us to upload our postcard template instead of using a generic service monster template. This would be awesome to since we spend quite a bit on getting these graphics designed for our reminder cards.

I have been able to email them the text I want in the reminder cards, and they have changed it accordingly. It's not as easy as editing online, but it is possible to have custom text in all the FMS card they provide.

Reactions: jkowalski

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock

I 100% agree - you need to find a person that works for you 24/7 to do all the admin of telling, data entry, follow up and scheduling... and get that person to work for $200 a month. Much luck!

To Clarify, This is just for repeat customers, simple jobs, to customers to self schedule online.
This is for replacing a secondary office CSR

This is not for replacing lead CSR(much more than 10$/hr), who is selling as soon as she picks up the phone, and answering questions, personal touch, IE developing A RELATIONSHIP?

Also, my question was never answered, When can we expect SM6?

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
SM6 Will be release be for Connect.. I mean The Experience in Sept.

BUT! It will not be a complete replacement of SM5 for a bit. Waterfall development is dead. Agile is the best way to go.

breaks down like this: The SM5 platform was developed (and continues with weekly or Simi weekly releases) over a period of 7+ years. It has 500,000 lines of code, supports up to 26 applications and 6 client facing products. The new Mobile iOS and Android app (due within the next 2/3 months) is also build on the SM5 platform.

If we were to waterfall SM6 half my dev team would disappear for over 18 months to build a complete replacement. As a result, you would not get to provide feedback, is harder to adapt to market changes, and would drain SM5 resources.

Using agile development we can get a product to market MUCH quicker, get feedback, be ALWAYS up to date and modern, and give those who are willing to accept less features (like those who like our "competitors") an alternative with a trusted, long standing, and proven carpet cleaning product (ServiceMonster). You will be able to login to SM6 at anytime if you have a SM5 subscription to see if it possess the features you need to make the switch. No rush. We are continuing to build SM5 and SM6 concurrently until we feel SM6 has caught up.

So your question really should be "when can I use it". And I can't really answer that. That's up to you.

Last edited:

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
To Clarify, This is just for repeat customers, simple jobs, to customers to self schedule online.
This is for replacing a secondary office CSR

This is not for replacing lead CSR(much more than 10$/hr), who is selling as soon as she picks up the phone, and answering questions, personal touch, IE developing A RELATIONSHIP?

Carl - Replacement of a CSR is your call. I know one client that has FittleBug, a CSR and a Chat Box option. What I can tell you is that people often think about carpet cleaning services at night, so having an automated system like FittleBug is very valuable for those that want to grow. I would challenge you to think about the Internet as giving one a way to develop an "informational" relationship that empowers time; both your and consumers, until you chance to personally develop it yourself. It opens up your communications and booking opportunity another 2/3 (16 hours of the day). Drop me a line if you want to see when people are booking.

Reactions: Russ T.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Thanks Steve, My first 2 statement were meant to be questions.

I will have to take time to look into.

I assume this system works best for services that are set prices?

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
I assume this system works best for services that are set prices?
Yes, if you are concerned about severity of an item, most of my clients have Terms and Conditions along the process of selection. If you are going to Clearwater Beach in a couple weeks - look me up there as well. I have a booth. 204 I think....

Name
I'm Rick James
I just got a new website and I am now able to do live booking.. I agree with Steve that online booking is going to be where its at for consumers. I am hoping to get my calls cut in half this summer and they just book online.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
There is essentially 2 camps for pricing in the CC world. The "per room" companies and the sq.ft. Companies. We need a slick interface, from a smartphone, that helps both types of companies.

A focus on ease of use and efficiency for the tech on a smartphone (in the home, with custy watching/waiting) needs to be a priority.

Reactions: jkowalski

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Besides for the mobile issues with SM - I wish I would have known about this program when we first started our company. It links with Fittlebug and has easily increased our efficiency at tracking jobs, accounts over this last month of using it. Never looking back - awesome program.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
you know sales picked up because of them! Best marketing money can't buy.

I just did the same thing actually. Product A comes across my desk (MS Power BI), it forces me to see the need but product A is not ready. Buggy, missing must have features, and really in it's infancy. So I look around and find product B which does everything I need! :-)

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom