how busy should you be

C

carpetsam

I am new to the business and I haven't been getting many calls lately. Most carpet guys around here tell me it is a slow time, is this normally a down time?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
For residential work it is usually slow when the weather is cold. When credit cards bills maxxed out from Christmas buying begin to arrive, that also puts damper on spending.

Commercial work is usually steady year-round. To help level things out you may want to pursue some commercial jobs or open an income tax preparation office.

Scott Warrington

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I was running along smoothly and all of a sudden it died on me. Just about ready to freak out. More flyers go out soon though, so that should help.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The bottom drops out of res for us about a week before Christmas.
Doesn't really start to hop til after the spring rains are over.

Feb is typically our slowest month of the year.

It's also generally the coldest

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'm moonlighting at Wal-mart during the winter months as a greeter.
Its paying $10.30 an hour.

I get to hand out my business card to the folks who come in after midnight.

Mikey P

Administrator
January was below average here but due to my mail out I've got a ton of work for the rest of the month including lots of Stone/Tile...

Bryan Irvin

Its only the 6th, and Feb is going to be a record month for me. If you're not busy doing jobs, you should be busy out getting them!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Someone changed my post , instead of FOLKS its supposed to be MUSLIMS!

G

I've been doing this 6 years. The first 4 were real bad in January and Februrary. Last year was real good and this year is unbelievable. Give it a few years.

Dave

Scott

The right answer is, you should be as busy as you want to be.

Feb is traditionally a slow month in residential, but there are millions of square yards of carpet begging for a cleaning in any given month, in any climate, in any market.

Scott

SunClean

I started in January a couple of years back and had a miserable first 3-4 months. This January was my best month yet so....? Based on my experience and reading this board as a newbie there is a learning curve you have to be prepared for. What changed it around for us was a single positive posting on a mom's board . Keep the faith and get your marketing together and things should improve in the Spring. Good luck.

Mark

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
January is a good time to mail to your customer base after you build it up. I sent out postcards with a 15% off any service before the end of Feb. and had a really good response. I also sent them a tile and grout brochure introducing my new srvice and reminding them of the other services I offer like area rugs and upholstery.

Springtime is just around the corner. Hang in there!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom