How do I charge for infrequent flood jobs?

Donwand

Supportive Member
Name
Brian
I don't do a ton of flood work, but this time of year with burst pipes I get a few calls. Since I'm not in it a lot, I find myself a bit ill-equipped with how to price these jobs. I often feel like I am under charging for these emergency calls. I'm just wondering if there is a particular software that I should purchase or perhaps a class that I would benefit from? Any other advice anyone can give on this., I would appreciate it.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
To be rich, is not necessarily a term to be only associated with that of money and possessions( which Richard has A LOT of both!!) he also has been in the cleaning and restoration biz for many,many,many many decades!

Reactions: jcooper

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
If you have not attended a WRT Water Restoration technician class, I strongly suggest that. You would also benefit from the ASD Applied Structural Drying class. A large part of WRT is textbook study while the ASD is practice using schools and a variety of equipment on actual flooded buildings to understand what works and what does not.

Reets Drying Academy near Atlanta and several other locations teach a combo course that covers both WRT and ASD.

The software programs, mainly Xactimate, are rather pricey if you are only a doing a job a month or so. But there are service that will take your list of services performed and turn it into itemized billing using Xactimate or other software.

Reactions: Donwand

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Feel free to download this spreadsheet and use it. Put the word Yes in either the day or night to reflect normal business hour charges(day), or after hours(night) and put Yes in the srv call box if you want to charge a service charge.

Then put in quantities into each room and it'll calculate a bill. It's not perfect but it certainly can give you a starting point. You should be able to print it on a normal sheet of printer paper as well from Excel.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4qp6etCuqbzcGEyVUgzWVNLSHM/edit

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
To be rich, is not necessarily a term to be only associated with that of money and possessions( which Richard has A LOT of both!!) he also has been in the cleaning and restoration biz for many,many,many many decades!
smiley-shocked001.gif

That's not me! If I am rich its rich because I have a great family, beautiful wife and children. Rich to have friends like you fine folks.....ummm not you yourselves but "like you".:winky:

:lol:

Reactions: KevinL

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We use it is combined with Adwords. When a prospect clicks on the adword and visits our website they are cookied. Then while they visit other sites an image follows them around from site to site using Google Display Network. The same with Facebook by giving them a cookie and a pixel.

For example Mold Remediation isn't generally a decision someone makes on the spur of the moment. Usually its done with some research and most likely several estimates. So once they click on the adword and are cookied an image similar to this would follow them. I think we have 8-of various sizes for each service.

GoogleAd_MOLD_120x600_zpsalfaafed.png

So even as they are looking up the other guys web address they see my image. The best thing is, the impression is at no charge until its clicked on. :biggrin:
Who knows the value of the impressions but I love it because I building brand for free.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
My thoughts and feelings about a carpet cleaner dabbling in water damage work would be the same as your feeling about a painter doing carpet cleaning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom