How do I charge for infrequent flood jobs?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Gregg has has hundreds of dehuS and umpteen hundreds of blowers I don't think he's dabbling, I think he is full submerged!!
I am completely out of the carpet cleaning business. I turn down 10-20 jobs a week from people that I've known for year that are tracking me down.
I refer each and every one of them to a couple of the contractors that used to work with me during my time with Pro Carpet.

My point was: most carpet cleaners don't have a clue or the training to dry a structure. Hell, the majority of them don't even know how to clean an area rug....

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My point was: most carpet cleaners don't have a clue or the training to dry a structure.
I think that was more true 10-years ago. I think you'll find a good many have attended training on WDR and have done some limited drying but just choose not to get involved with the emergency work or pass on larger work.

They may not have tons of experience but they certainly have the basics covered.

Hacks not included in this post. As you said hacks struggle with carpet cleaning. :errf:

Reactions: TomKing

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
greg, so you dont use carpet cleaning equipment at all to extract water from the water damage jobs you do? and why dont you still clean carpets if you were so good at it?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
greg, so you dont use carpet cleaning equipment at all to extract water from the water damage jobs you do? and why dont you still clean carpets if you were so good at it?
Scott, you are a little late in responding to this one. I actually got back in the "carpet cleaning business" shortly after I wrote this. And then sold it.
We have a couple of truckmounts we use for extraction but primarily use flood pumpers on our newer trucks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We use both. The wdr trucks have TM's but we carry flood kings on them too. Just Friday they had a retirement home that had a pipe break on 4th floor. The two wdr crews that responded used the Flood Kings and pumped the water into toilet. They ran two pumpers from 8:15 to 3:00.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom