How do you charge for water restoration calls?

hanks75

I'm starting to deal with apartment complexes. I'm new to carpet cleaning. What should i be charging for flood extraction, spot removal, microban, air movers, late night emergencies, etc.. I don't want to over charge an lose the account, but i also don't want to cheat myself.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Apartments tend to have a totally deferent mentality with restoration. They tend to want to cut corners like not replacing carpet on category 3 losses. I would find out what the standard rates for restoration in your area are. I think you can download a trial copy of Exatamate. I lost a complex becuse they thought my restoration bill was to high. I would charge them about half of the going rate unless it’s going off to insurance.

minuteman

Make sure to check with your Health Dept. in your area, in Los Angeles everything is removed and disposed of on a cat 3 lose due to the Dept. of Health Laws, so you could charge up to 3/4 of xactimate with no prob.

Greg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We do not apartments, not that we wouldn't work for them, we would, but they won't pay our rates.

Expect them to be cheap, however they do have lots of problems so it would be a revenue source.

The other problem when working apartments is that they dictate what they want done and many times it not the right thing to do. They will paint over water stains instead of drying the area or areas. It's risky business, you either do it or they will find someone else.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom