How do you clean delicate furniture with the Everest?

Mikey P

Administrator
My guys are concerned about those chairs..

They say that even in Upholstery Mode that the water is too hot and the unit has too much vacuum

I suggested leaning a vacuum port open and running a second water pressure line to a drain or safe landscaped area and letting it run..

What do you Big Unit owners do?

(thank Odin, the Fjordking ain't around no more)

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Oh lol, he's the one with toilet plunger hacked into water claw and hill billy ingenuity?

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
what are your $500 chairs actually made of? If you run a lot of hose with your upholstery tool the cools down quite a bit. If you have a long 1 1/2 vac hose, along with vac relief on the tool might work. I run an 870 and trigger the tool, the water doesn,'t seem to be that hot at furniture.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I can't say we have cleaned anything delicate with it. We will run dual upholstery tools when we are cleaning commercial office chairs.

You can always break the vacuum on the head of the Sapphire tool by opening the black slide. Heat? I always liked hot but if its so hot it stings then it will slow you down. Could always wear a glove. Or is it the fabric you're afraid can't take the heat?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
My guys are concerned about those chairs..

They say that even in Upholstery Mode that the water is too hot and the unit has too much vacuum

I suggested leaning a vacuum port open and running a second water pressure line to a drain or safe landscaped area and letting it run..

What do you Big Unit owners do?

(thank Odin, the Fjordking ain't around no more)

What temperatures are they getting at the tool when they have the unit on its lowest setting?

You can get a "Dustdowner", which is used by guys who use their truck mount for duct cleaning to wet out the dust that pulls through their hoses. That might bypass enough water for you, and will be a bit less messy than having water run out on property, though you will fill up your recovery tank more quickly.

They can also do some low moisture cleaning with encap solutions, acid based shampoos, etc, though those usually preclude being able to apply protector.

Do they have an electric sprayer? If you truly can't get the temperature low enough, and you want to rinse, adapt a quick connect to the sprayer so that it can spray through the upholstery tool, and you'll just use the machine's vacuum. That will give you rinsing ability at whatever temperature you want to put in your sprayers solution tank.

Mikey P

Administrator
Jim the Everest has the flow setting feature that would double as another line but as you said, the tank would fill up quicker.
Cleaning 8 clean chairs should go quick, the tap dancing performance will take far longer

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
since I've had my 370 there was one time I had two swivel chairs and a love seat I wanted to lower the temp for. Low is 195 out the machine. I maxed out my solution to 250 ft and coiled the first 50 feet in a bucket of water. I didn't have a termometer but it "felt" much cooler. Changed the bucket water half way through.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
You could factor the price of RTU dry clean solution. Kleenrite can be had $99 for 4 gal. Mist on, vacuum off.

Name
La Canada Carpet Cleaning
Mike , run a 1.5 whip for vac to tool, 650 shouldn't get over 190 on low speed.I run two small fans cooling my left side of tm to help belts stay cool..I did tons of outdoor furniture yesterday on low one tool..

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
My portable rocks on upholstery cleaning. I love it.

It is one of my concerns when I do finally get a TM, is the ability to control temperatures. I figured if you keep at 150 degrees at the TM, it should be fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom