How do you instill the clean as you go attitude in your techs

Mikey P

Administrator
Are you the type that wipes down your equipment through out the day?

Or are a you pig who just let's crust, lint, chemicals and martys build up all over your tools and truck?

Going the extra yard to spend a few minutes per job tidying up. Is it like genderqueerness., is this clean bug "value" born into you or can it be learned?

Bribery or threats of unemployment?

Drives me nuts.

Mikey P

Administrator
giphy.gif

Reactions: FB7777 and Chris A

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Need to schedule them the time to do it, or hire a shop guy to do all of it for them once they come home for the day.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I just keep taking about it until he gets tired of hearing it

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Have you tried specifying that this setup is paying their income? If it's not clean, how can they find a problem or an oil or water leak? If the machine breaks down, they'll be laid off until it's fixed. Cleaning it helps prevent that from happening

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I still cannot get them to wipe off the top of the waste tank when hoses drag in junk each time.... Drives me nuts and don't know how many times I tell them.... Wipe the junk off and it won't fall into those hard to reach areas.

I just had them spend two hours stripping their van out the other day after we had a reschedule...

And day later, dirt on the tank again, not wiping off tools.... :hopeless:

We are going to have a little talk again this week... :madder:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
On wiping the tools: Do you have a small pressure washer gun in the van? If they hook up the gun, they can blow off the tools a lot faster than they can wipe it at the end of the day. I know it's probably just the laziness that all techs inherit, but it might help

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
On wiping the tools: Do you have a small pressure washer gun in the van? If they hook up the gun, they can blow off the tools a lot faster than they can wipe it at the end of the day. I know it's probably just the laziness that all techs inherit, but it might help

Yes, hand held small unit....

Just people being in a hurry and not wiping things off...

Reactions: BIG WOOD

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
Owner vs. employee mentality. Even a couple of our best guys keep the trucks somewhat tidy each day, but it's not until I schedule them specific time to do certain "maintenance" cleanups that it all truly gets done right.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have just been getting murdered all summer. The High School Senior that normally maintains things here was out cleaning all summer and now he is off to college. The whole shop is just a wreck. Equipment everywhere, its just been mean here. Working nights and weekends and it just keeps coming. :errf:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We do inspections and write-ups, send the slob out with the neat guys, and the new trucks go to the ones that keep their trucks looking good. We really only have two slobs, but they're great at what they do and customers love them, so what's most important?
Is it a constant chore? We are always on them, they never seem to get it on their own. It takes relentless monitoring to get the results we want.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I found if you have one of those courtesy hoses, just turn it on at the end of the job and spray the tools off with super hot water. It also cools your TM down as well. Takes 30 seconds and then at the last job, spray wd-40 on rag and wipe it down. Removes any water spots on the stainless and keeps it shiny and makes it easier to clean.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I spent two hours cleaning up the entry to the large garage. Putting away equipment, chems and materals. Swearing, sweating, spitting. I was so pissed at those pigs...Marty too. No reason, just cause. :winky:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Why do all "Old Caostie" videos have a disappearing tendency. They all seem to go the way of the dodo bird. Spooky.

Mike, did you try cursing a lot to help with the instilling process?

Name
jack zerkie
Tanks , filter and wand get flushed and cleaned after every job no smell and I'm able to see what was recovered at every job. Start fresh and clean at the next job.

Name
jack zerkie
I am lucky I have the roto mold tanks I remove the center tank cover and flush the tank with valve closed. Then open the valve and flush. The tanks are about 6 yrs and never any smell after cleaning. jz.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom