"how do you know what your pulling out if you can't see it?"

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Look at this carpet.
How much soil do you think I pulled out of it?
Do you think I needed to prevac?
How long would you have spent vacuuming a carpet that looks like this?

IMAGE_954.jpg

IMAGE_953.jpg

IMAGE_955.jpg

IMAGE_956.jpg

Name
Nate W.
What I want to know is, How do you get the date upside down? Do you use your camrea upside down for some pics?? shiteatinggrin

topnotchman

that type of carpet is a bit deceiving. When I first started carpet cleaning, some of this kind looked fine, then I hook everything up and pre-spray and the pre-spray is blowing up a bunch of debris I couldn't see. So I vac everytime now, and pull out quite a bit, always surprises me.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
You know, Ron, I think I have been spending too much time on this "rough and tumble" board. When I saw your chosen title for this thread all I could think of was what a friend asked me many years ago, "Steve, when was the last time you saw your belt buckle?"

Island Boy
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS of course, that was fifty pounds ago. I have more or less successfully stayed in the 170-180 pound range for the last 13 years. OK, maybe 185 after Super Bowl nachos and beer last night.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Steve Toburen said:
"Steve, when was the last time you saw your belt buckle?"

Island Boy
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS of course, that was fifty pounds ago. I have more or less successfully stayed in the 170-180 pound range for the last 13 years. OK, maybe 185 after Super Bowl nachos and beer last night.
Good thing the vacuum sticks out in front more :roll:

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Again for those who don't read my genius posts. My bagged vacuum that doesn't spew dirt and dust every where when you have to empty the cup, has a set of lights showing that it is picking up dirt. That's even better than a cup because you can see exactly where the dirt is and continue vacuuming until it's gone.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I'm so glad Steve Toburen beat me to that one. I wanted to say, maybe you should lose some weight then!

:oops:

Take care,
Lisa

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
KevinL said:
Again for those who don't read my genius posts. My bagged vacuum that doesn't spew dirt and dust every where when you have to empty the cup, has a set of lights showing that it is picking up dirt. That's even better than a cup because you can see exactly where the dirt is and continue vacuuming until it's gone.
so what happens when the airflow is reduced enough that the vacuum just isn't picking up enough soil to change the light.
All the light shows is that there is no soil coming in.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
This is from "just the hall" in the first pic
IMAGE_957.jpg

This is from the rest, the t/a's in the bedroom, the LR, and the other hall.
IMAGE_958.jpg

I never thought they would have been that soiled.
And that soil didn't make any noise.

Name
Nate W.
I'm just thinking out loud. When posting this kinds of pictures, how bout asking the customer how often they vacuum, and maintenance of said carpet. I know it will be a guesstimate, but curious on your findings. I understand that some take you long and others alot quicker. Just me thinking out loud. :lol:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
this is a regular client, though it had been 2 yrs since I last cleaned this carpet.
Its an upstairs suite so there isn't much tracking off the street. They did vacuum, they might be vacuuming a little more now.
In most cases, my clients are vacuuming regular, sometimes even before I arrive, with everything from a brand new Kirby, a Dyson, Electrolux, Kenmore, Miele, Sebo, etc etc. The challenge isn't so much the vacuum, though in most cases they vacuum only what they see, but its also in technique. Most people vacuum inefficiently.
When talking about this to people I often say they either don't have a good vacuum, or they don't have the time to vacuum or they simply don't want to.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Dry soil is good but let's not forget the actual embedded dirt in the rug. All cleaning wands need a sight tube. There's been times where carpet looks clean and I'm blown away by how much soil is passing through the sight tube on my rx.

Pictured is Hydramaster's super duper sight tube accessory for the rx-20. I believe I bought it for $249.00. This is the pro version. The beginner's version is $99.00. Worth every penny.

DSCN05521.jpg

Albert

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
You paid $249 for that tube!!!!?? :shock:

Most times I find people that RX20 don't spend a lot of time vacuuming. Hence, all that soil that is seen could have been removed dry. They rely on the RX20 to remove the soil.
I'd like to put a window on a greenhorn like the orig Drimaster Uph tool has. That would be a great visual for clients as well.

Name
Bruce
Ron Werner said:
You paid $249 for that tube!!!!?? :shock:

Most times I find people that RX20 don't spend a lot of time vacuuming. Hence, all that soil that is seen could have been removed dry. They rely on the RX20 to remove the soil.
I'd like to put a window on a greenhorn like the orig Drimaster Uph tool has. That would be a great visual for clients as well.
I'm glad you said it, because that's the same thing I was thinking.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Just kidding guys. I made it about a year ago, still holding up well.

Most times I find people that RX20 don't spend a lot of time vacuuming.

Ron, I would guess most cleaners don't spend alot of time to vacuuming, rx-20 or not.

Albert

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Albert Lazo said:
Just kidding guys. I made it about a year ago, still holding up well.

Most times I find people that RX20 don't spend a lot of time vacuuming.

Ron, I would guess most cleaners don't spend alot of time to vacuuming, rx-20 or not.

Albert
Very true Albert.
Sure makes setting one's self above the pack pretty easy, and doesn't cost much either

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Very true Albert.
Sure makes setting one's self above the pack pretty easy, and doesn't cost much either

Sorry Ron, I beg to differ. It's actually costing a whole lot in the insane amount of extra time spent. If I had to I would spend that time cleaning out baseboards , cow webs, free carmats. I think it would add way more value. Just my 2 cents.

Were'nt you thinking to stop vacuuming altogether?

Albert

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I was until I got to the next few jobs and realized what kind of mess I would have made had I not prevacuumed. Or rather, I realized what kind of mess I never would have known I made. I would have gotten it looking clean, never would have known the difference to look at it, but all that soil still would have been there.
I still keep coming back to the Std, in which it "was" written, not sure if its still there, but it said that a carpet cleaner's job is to remove the soil from the carpet. As a professional, we are to know where to look for it and know how to remove it.

I know, makes for a bad busn model unless you charge 50 cents plus.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Well then if you're so serious about removing all the dirt you really need my clear tube. Otherwise you'll never really know all the dirt you're leaving behind :mrgreen: I don't know who came up with 80% is loose dirt but unless you live in the dessert, I'm not sure that is right.

I'll gladly let it go for $150.00 (gorilla glue included)

Albert

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Ron, you won't realize the benefits of your vacuuming until you have to go back because of the eventual wick back of something left behind. You simply need to get one of these companies.. (I think alot of us would prefer Mytee) To make a rotomoled all powerful dust cup vac that kicks butt for the carpet cleaning world. Skip the Chincy lights as they only draw more power. Give a decent 15 amp motor with no restrictions to clog or lower suction and give it a nice aggresive brushroll that will be tame enough to not damage carpets. I believe with your guidance, mytee could build a better vacuum for our industry.. Heck considering we are cleaning only once a year or less sometimes, thos vacuums could be more aggressive since its not being used daily. Getting more aggressive to pull soil out more effectively and even quicker would make vacuum like that justifiable.

Name
Nate W.
sweendogg said:
Ron, you won't realize the benefits of your vacuuming until you have to go back because of the eventual wick back of something left behind. You simply need to get one of these companies.. (I think alot of us would prefer Mytee) To make a rotomoled all powerful dust cup vac that kicks butt for the carpet cleaning world. Skip the Chincy lights as they only draw more power. Give a decent 15 amp motor with no restrictions to clog or lower suction and give it a nice aggresive brushroll that will be tame enough to not damage carpets. I believe with your guidance, mytee could build a better vacuum for our industry.. Heck considering we are cleaning only once a year or less sometimes, thos vacuums could be more aggressive since its not being used daily. Getting more aggressive to pull soil out more effectively and even quicker would make vacuum like that justifiable.

Sounds like you want a 3stage vacuum motor with HEPA filtered. I think that can make it work. :lol:

rick imby

Name
Rick
Nate The Great said:
What I want to know is, How do you get the date upside down? Do you use your camrea upside down for some pics?? shiteatinggrin

His girlfriend is holding the camera sometimes---duh

Name
Nate W.
rick imby said:
[quote="Nate The Great":k1pndbpf]What I want to know is, How do you get the date upside down? Do you use your camrea upside down for some pics?? shiteatinggrin

His girlfriend is holding the camera sometimes---duh[/quote:k1pndbpf]

As much time as Ron spends vacuuming, I don't think he has much time for anything else except his daughter. :lol:

rick imby

Name
Rick
By my figures he spent 23 minutes vacuuming the hall.

But that is a lot of dirt in that vacuum.

Rick

Back
Top Bottom