How do YOU present on FaceBook?

Mikey P

Administrator
Let's say a local mothers group or a community FB blog has a conversation going where the op askes "Who knows a good carpet cleaner"..
And a freind refers you..
And your name is hyper linked to your PERSONAL FB page, how will YOU appear?
Will you come off as a professional, trustworthy, asset to your community?

Or a drunken, racist, extreme right or left wing, perverted, gang banging, vulgar smart ass?

Have a fresh set of eyes review your page if you cant see through your blinders...

If you dont think you ( or your feed friends) being vetted by your potential clients, you are grossly mistaken.

And from what I've seen so far among carpet cleaners, drunken, racist, extreme right or left wing, perverted, gang banging, vulgar or smart ass is being kind..

giphy.gif

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Let's say a local mothers group or a community FB blog has a conversation going where the op askes "Who knows a good carpet cleaner"..

Or a drunken, racist, extreme right or left wing, perverted, gang banging, vulgar smart ass?

Have a fresh set of eyes review your page if you cant see through your blinders...

If you dont think you ( or your feed friends) being vetted by your potential clients, you are grossly mistaken.

And from what I've seen so far among carpet cleaners, drunken, racist, extreme right or left wing, perverted, gang banging, vulgar or smart ass is being kind..

View attachment 17797

Fully agree!

My philosophy... how you act there is possibly how you might treat my home or family if you are a potential service provider... Or even potential employee...

I post positive and keep things positive.... and family G Rated...

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark your problem is you have too may friends who feel comfortable acting like they're in a private room on your public page.

I think it would be wise to have a Saiger Supply page to help seperate your cleaner friends from your community

Definitely looking to do that

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Spotted that problem. I have had my personal page for years, all sorts of stuff that shows my opinion.

I created a FB profile using my company name, then created a FB business page in my company name.

I troll the local FB pages as my company, keeping everything politically and socially androgynous.

Todd Millar

Name
Carpet Solutions

View attachment 17797
I think that is a great point you bring up, keep it friendly and family safe so as not to run off a potential customer.
Politics all by it self can be a very contentious subject and cost you $$$ .
I only post things related to the work I do to show and remind customers what I can do for them.

Name
Ross Martin
Never really had any "R-rated" stuff on my page.

But did have a lot of political posts.

When I got more involved with the local and CofC and BNI, took it all down.

I will say, with some people that I am friends with on FB, while I have respect for them in their professional lives, politically, I think they are A-holes. So it does change my overall opinion of them.

Everyone is entitled to their political ideas and I respect that, regardless of how they feel. But I do lose respect for those that are idealogues.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
First place I go when I want to check someone out is their Facebook page. Job Recruiters, Law Enforcement and your Customers all do the same thing. My business pages are separate from my personal pages but I now edit myself on my personal page as well... regarding politics. Still it is my personal page and since I'm really just talking to my kids there... it is what it is.

Reactions: TimM and J Scott W

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Its pretty sanitized, once in a while someone slips one past the goalie. My MOM even said it looks like its only for work.

Right now I take everyone off the facebook platform onto webpage, landing page, email.
Until I hire someone to do it because I post stoopid stuff sometimes and like to argue, endlessly.

Suppose I could grow up too....

Reactions: KevinL
Name
jack zerkie
I'm to old and ugly for that all my friends are dead and no one knows anything about the good old days. Carpet cleaning is the same but the items available are great. The new truckmounts and portables are so space age and easy to use. The first portable in 1980 was ok but the chems were not so great. I tried a host unit on a old filthy shag and the lady laughed. So I used a 175 scrubber and then extracted with the porty and WE were happy the rest of the story is history, I was born to soon but making the best out of the great things in life today. Iv'e met some great people that I have worked for and have really enjoyed the carpet cleaning business and will go for a few more I hope if you know who lets me. jz.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Mikey, Mark, Bill, & others that have posted positively, thanks for opening my weary old eyes.

I can see I'm going to have to change my ways in what I say on FB.

Also when to completely ignore antagonistic questions & shut my mouth in reply to them.

That's going to be hard being compulsively honest and a :stir: to boot. :(

In my eyes, this is a very good & important topic, thank you for raising it.

NOW if ONLY I can do what I now intend. :arrrr:

Time will tell. :icon_redface:

:yoda:

PS::: I think I better cut & paste all of these fine details & print them up next to my pc for instant reference.:headscratch:

Last edited by a moderator:

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
You can change your settings so that no one can see your FB post but those you allow.

I would think this would be an easy way for anyone you don't want to see anything on your board to not be able to.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I was a mountain man once & I loved mountain women.

I trust the previous two posters were not referring to "Broke Back Mountain"??

Brokeback.jpg

:stir:

:yoda:

steve_64

Not necessary imo..

Post as if your mother is watching.
It doesn't make a difference

My dad asked me if I had any shame. I said why should I be ashamed others judge me. He shrugged and walked away. I was about ten.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom