How do you train newer techs on your crew?

jawhit

Name
Joe
I have several newer people on my crew. They are great workers. They are mainly encapping MILES of cgd each week and doing some very basic spotting. I want to give them some more training but just trying to figure out the best direction to go and how to go about it. Mainly I want to teach them more on spotting. Should I go into fiber identification? We literally have only one wool carpet we clean. Or just go straight into showing them how to use a full spotting kit? And should it be on the job or take out a few hours to commit to training?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd only teach them what pertains to the current workload. I'd do it on location, using actual spots and the spotters you want them using.

If that is impractical then I would get snap shots and do a PowerPoint with handouts of the spots inlarged and identify what product you would use on it and how it is to be applied.

Mikey P

Administrator
yes, make sure they know wool from synthetic first.

take them on a field trip to a good carpet store and quiz the heck out of them on ID. Show them the tell tales

pre stain some rugs and go to town...

and send them to a good class, like Mikey's Fest in Nashville, where we'll have Craig Jasper to walk them through everything..

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom