How is your association money being spent?

Bob Foster

It is wrong that as association members we should not receive in a complete and timely manner the proper accounting of where our money comes from or exactly how it is spent. This process includes independent audits.

Does your regional association have a tight-lipped attitude about who it sends money to, how much and why?

Do you think that the large amounts money you or your association gives to a group or person or their companies to provide you or your association services should have to fully account for the money and the results expected from the expenditure?

Do you think your association has an obligation to look at alternative vendors or contractors when spending a large amount of money?

Would you want to be part of an organization that wants you as a member who refuses to account for the way they have spent and received LARGE SUMS of your money?

Ask your association to insist on an independent audit of Connections and other moneys it has sent to other organizations including the IICRC. If they won’t or claim they can’t then you might want to rethink your involvement with them.

Bob Foster

I bet that a lot here find they get way more benefit from this board than they do any association in this industry.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm gonna talk to Cooper about getting some stock in the IICRC.

Lisa has me convinced that we (all 2031 of us) should have a voice in how they run our profession.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Cooper's not the one to ask.

Get our gang to make a true cleaning and restoration association out of this place, then talk to me about it.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I missed the sarcasm the first time, Mike.

Nonetheless, my offer stands.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
A well-run association lives on due diligence and being able to answer to the members. Not just about money spent, but decisions made. Open and honest is the only way to stay above reproach, and outside accounting protects the board member from questions of impropriety.

Audits are cheap, and they often uncover fixable errors big enough to cover the cost of the audit. Small organizations typically have one done every three to five years, larger organizations do them annually. An audit is the way to make sure the bookkeeping is done correctly and protects the association directors from personal liability if the IRS comes to visit.

If you don't have the $2,500 for an audit, you don't have enough money to make anyone question what you do.

Get our gang to make a true cleaning and restoration association out of this place, then talk to me about it.

Wanna be the "official" BB of the new association? :roll:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Bryan

Its bad enough that Mike toys with me; you know I wasn't inferring that.

Do you want me to get a midnight visit from Keyser Soze? :shock:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
supporting membership $5.00
Association fee $10.00

sounds like a bargain

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Do you want me to get a midnight visit from Keyser Soze?

He called Friday, but I was at an association Board meeting, so he had to leave a message. Hope he's not too angry.

PS: In our case, the association was rescued from a crooked management company with just a few thousand dollars left in the bank. We've spent seven years putting the finances in order, and can finally start spending money on member services. I've learned that the turmoil of changing management companies while you still have some money beats waiting until there isn't any money left.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom