How long is too long???

EDS

Name
Ed
Working on my yearly emailer that I hope to send out by Friday. Had this big plane of doing an interactive email with lots of description about our new tools , processes and etc...(lots of changes to tell)

Was going to have links in the email. and write maybe 200 words for each paragraph. Write maybe two teasers sentances then have a link to a hidden landing page on the website.

Good idea or bad? Should I just keep it simple?

Name
Jeff T
Working on my yearly emailer that I hope to send out by Friday. Had this big plane of doing an interactive email with lots of description about our new tools , processes and etc...(lots of changes to tell)

Was going to have links in the email. and write maybe 200 words for each paragraph. Write maybe two teasers sentances then have a link to a hidden landing page on the website.

Good idea or bad? Should I just keep it simple?
My father always taught me to play my cards close to my chest in business..... Not for your clients, more for your competion...... Wow your customers, keep the other guys guessing......

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

EDS

Name
Ed
I kinda figured...damn...I have so much to say. Will utilize the click here for more information button the...I guess lots of powerful images then...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Your clients do not care about gear and juice. If they are former clients they want to connect with you not your tools.

Talk about employees, your hobbies, a cleaning tip. Look at what Mike does pictures of chickens and the work rolls in.

If you went to some new training or received an award that would be great to talk about.

I would keep it to 3-4 sentences and then a for more information button.

Here is an example:
Friends it has been a great year thanks for allowing us to serve you. Steve our lead technicians was recognized as a master cleaner this last month by the IICRC the most recognized organization in the world.

We have a fantastic spring cleaning offer for our loyal clients. Clean 5 or more rooms and get FREE protectant.

Call the office today to set up your appointment we are filling up quickly.

Thanks

Ed and the gang

78 words and still long.

Any more than that and I want to barf. People can read but they hate to. If you are good looking and funny (which most carpet cleaners are not) you might be able to do a 30 second video for them to watch. I would much prefer that than to read.

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Video (30-45 Secs) Take Tom Kings advice, make a video, embed it, link it to more, send it and see a doctor for your analysis paralysis issues. They will eventually kill you. Don't believe me - take everything that you were going to say in your email and say it in front of a prospect live. Watch their eyes and report back.

Reactions: EDS

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom