How many honestly...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Please feel free to grab a bag as needed............

Shit-Bullshit_bag-1.jpg

Attachments

• Shit-Bullshit_bag-1.jpg
    Shit-Bullshit_bag-1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 220

The Wizard

Audra:

Yes we get walk ups, but I would rather refer to the majority of our walk ups as call ups. Mrs. Smith will often call up when she sees Mrs. Jones has us on her driveway cleaning Mrs. Jones carpets. What ever you do for graphics make sure it is as loud and pleasing to the eye as possible. This in itself will help increase walk ups and as I refer to them as call ups.

Yes we had call ups and walk ups before our BIG Truck, but in all honesty not as many.

Yes having a BIG Truck will really increase your business !!! But having said that how much it increases will all depend on your own marketing and presentation of your new BIG Truck to both your existing customers and buying public a like. Does that make any sense to you. In any and all of your new marketing directives you must convey to all how special and significant of an investment, that your new BIG Truck is bringing to your business and the pleasure and excitement they will enjoy in your new found results you will achieve for them and their floor covering investments. If done correctly Audra, your new BIG Truck can become a marketing dream come true.

I wish you much success Audra & Billy with your up coming BIG Truck Purchase !!!

The Wizard.

www.wizardcarpet.com

Audra

Jim that is why I said HONESTLY to hopefully get truthful answers...I can usually tell if people are BS or telling the truth. Love the bag!!!

Wizard Thank you for being honest with yours...we are just trying to see what people have done since they got the big truck. I know a lot will be how well you market it & I know that people will want to know what is in there. We are getting it because it is just time...we are celebrating our 13th year (14 unofficially). Since we have 3 people we can be really productive & it has three seats that are comfortable. The truck is just awesome & we are excited to get it in our possession.

Thanks again...keep the responses coming in!

Hope everyone's NEW Year is a great one!!!

Shane

In all honesty, unless people in your area are impressed with a cab-over and a wrap then you might get some walk ups.

I would like Wiz said focus on marketing to your new and existing customers telling them the benefits of your new powerful machine.

Comfort is the last word I would use to describe the ride of a UD or any cab-over. :lol:

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Honestly, I get a couple a month and I don't have a big truck.

I'm sure it would help, but a nice clean presentable unit will do it to.

IMO

G

I had a Vortex for about 1.5 years. It was an older one but looked brand new (29k miles). I got a lot of walk ups. I get walk ups now in my extended van. Both are/were logo'ed almost identically.

The difference for me was this: With the V I'd get stopped at gas stations while filling up, in store parking lots, etc., a lot more. And yes, people did mention how big and nice the truck looked.

Was it a ton more? probably not, but it was definitely more than now.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Sorry I don't have a big truck. I was just thinking though of the tile cleaning van that I believe has been posted here. It is not from the US. They put a few flags that say something like "take one" or something like that. I bet that would help in walk ups regardless of what kind of truck you have.

Albert

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have been ripped a new one for talking about my walk ups. but the truth is my biz has grown from walk ups Not tons, but it has helped.

I did have one month that I received $3500 in walk ups. That includes the ladies that came up to the truck and the doc. office that was done for her husband and one of their friends.

When I first got the truck we had people come up to us everyday and ask for a card. Most of them never called but they asked anyway. The longer I have it the less it happens. I really think the wrap was turning heads and maybe people are getting used to it. I don't live in a very populated area and I think the WOW factor may be wearing off. We do get a few calls from people seeing the truck wanting a price. Most of them choke and then hang up. ( We are the most $$$ in our area by far)

The best thing about the BIG TRUCK is how my custys react. I hear people on these boards all the time say people don't care whats in their drive way they just want a great clean. To some that is true, but I get custys everyday say something about the truck. I have way more referrals coming in from people telling their friends about the big truck. People that haven't had one will never know. Once you get your truck you should take your custys out and show it to them. They get more excited when they know they are getting the best.

Now I don't think we had one person walk up in Dec. But we did have a person ask for a card from my employee while he was getting gas in our unmarked small box van. Go figure. The BIG TRUCK just screams power and professional image. A nice box truck may do the same. I can't wait to get our box truck wrapped.

Congrats on getting into the big truck, I would never own one if I didn't dual wand. We dual most every job and can't believe the power.

Audra

Yep people do give you a hard time on hear Adam...I do believe you get walk ups. We get them too in our van but we keep a nice van & have some clients & others who think we are crazy for getting a new one when we have one that isn't very old...it is a 94 though so that tells you how well we take care of it. We had a client that moved away now but he told us once that he is proud to have us in front of his home. He loved it that we didn't have junk in the windshield & that we kept a clean van. He would meet us at the door every month (he was in the music industry & had one room cleaned once a month) & he would compliment us on the van...he noticed when we bought new wheels or the smallest of things.

We still get people that want our cards (walk ups) I'm thinking once we get the AT we will have a lot more. Depending on how we market it too. Can't wait!!!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Adam don't get picked on we just kid around with each other......
NO different than most kidding me about not getting walk ups

some of you need to buck up a little bit....life is to short to keep it to damn serious.

I am sure he gets walk ups just like everyone else.........(well.except me I guess) I just don't think that most are making extra house payments and sitting in the Bahamas from them like they say........

I do not believe that for one second that the BIG truck is going to increase your business.......

I agree that it is all in the Marketing..........

how much it increases will all depend on your own marketing and presentation of your new BIG Truck to both your existing customers and buying public a like.

You can replace the words BIG truck with Chevy Van and get the same results

You can take the wheels off a Rug Doctor and bolt it to the floor of a van and be a marketing expert and know how to reach out to the public and achieve the exact same results............

Look at Stanley Steamer .they are a marketing monster.......and have some (not all) of the worst cleaners out there.............but yet that name is stuck in damn near every house out there......they don't have a BIG truck......not that I am aware of at least not in our town.......they drive some of the most ugly beat up vans around but they are very well know.

There are alot of guys out there that are alot cheaper then Stanley but weather someone has a bad experience with them or not .for some reason they had to call them in the first place..........

You just have to see for yourself.............. I am not trying to sell you anything.............. and I have nothing to gain.

Audra

Thanks for everyone's input on this & I wish you all the best this year!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom