HOW MANY LOW PRICED COUPON HACKS DO WE HAVE HERE?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Got a flyer in the mail today from a company who has been in business quite a long time and operates portables.They park the portable on the porch and run the hose inside. Spoke with the owner one time (Thats enough). He had the attitude that he didn't need a TM and he could do just as good with his portable. Couldn't accept the idea that its all about production time. Had the same BLANK stare as the cimex shampooers when confronted about the "Truth".

Heres his coupon prices.

Two rooms $65 up to 300 sqft
Each additional room $25

Upholstery cleaning

Sofa $65
Loveseat $45
Chair $35
Ottoman $15

DevilDog

On the low side but higher priced than guys on this board that I KNOW and use truck mounts.

People need to get over the truck mount deal. You can clean just as good with a portable as a truck mount. The issue, I agree, is production time.

But if it works for them....GREAT! They have a lot less invested in those portables than many guys have in their truck mounts and their prices are about the same as MANY truck mount guys.

When will we STOP making this an issue about the tools. The CLEANER and the cleaners cleaning techniques are what really matters. I know of companies that only use portables that clean circles around some of these truck mount guys.

DevilDog

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
low priced, not a hack

his sofa is $10 more than me

5 rooms now at $119.95 but I am doing a flyer for $99.95 5 rooms and my average ticket is much higher than that and I am doing multiple things at one location such as
5 rooms, sofa, loveseat, 13 stairs, additional sq footage that is what my typical job is

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I saw him bring in his portable to be fixed for some switches.

How freaking hard is it to repair a portable?

Production time is the key and doing a good cleaning job.

NOT what cimex SHAMPOOERS can claim.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Before I was infected with ICS BB cleaning standards, I could have cleaned for those prices and made good money. Now that I have to prevacuum, prespray, scrub, rinse and then rake, I have to double those prices and really hunt for customers to stay busy.

Thank you, ICS ...

TimP

What are the production rates with a portable. I know with a TM you're looking at 300-400 ft per hr. I've only run a portable in a class room and I thought it was a joke after running my TM.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Fill and dump
Fill and dump
Fill and dump
Fill and dump

Dump the water in the toilet

Fill the room with moisture and odors

24 hour dry times

diamond brian

There's a poster here who puts "Whole House $65" signs all over Tulsa and presumably stays pretty busy.

I never minded much 'til he knowingly placed 3 of these signs within a mile of my house yesterday.

You know who you are. :x

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I am doing a free room with 4 or more rooms cleaned.

My prices average between 26 and 40 cents/foot and between 12 and 15 cents/foot for protecting.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I guess I am one. First 2 areas $79.99 each additional 33, 3 a stair. funny thing when I sq ft priced at .30 sq ft I found I make about the same, but I don't have to go pre- quote jobs. works for me. Hack Yes and No. But I don't prevac the housekeepers do. I live in a good market but I want to work not stay at home. I do not see those high end cleaners around my city like some ICS board cleaners claim to be.

CleanEvo

Those prices are not low, but average where I'm from.

I'm always amazed at some of the prices guys say they charge on this board. I guess people in the US pay more for cleaning than in Canada?

Ed Hartman

I'm at $6.95 per room. (Additional deep scrubbing may be necessary at a substantial price increase)

G

Whole house for $65?
expose the hack.who is he?
I bet he does stay busy.

Come out and show yourself,fool.

Mikey P

Administrator
1st job today: lr den 3 br and steps w' teflon and professional grooming for an even $500.

2nd: Ta's in 2 brs, 6 silk chairs and a Marble entry for $495. We even groomed the Marble.

3rd: 3 brs hall and steps for $350, berber so no grooming needed.

Last: steps and hall for $125, more berber.

So yes I am a low price hack according to Billy and Rampage.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
lets put that in Xtreme Dollars
1. 249.95
2. $350.00
3. 140.00
4. $70.00
total of $809.95
if it wasn't vacuumed to my standards and I had to vac

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
CleanEvolve said:
Those prices are not low, but average where I'm from.

I'm always amazed at some of the prices guys say they charge on this board. I guess people in the US pay more for cleaning than in Canada?

They guys that charge the high prices have carved themselves out a nice little chunk of custy's who would never even dream of hiring somebody who cleaned for less. They would be scared that something terrible was going to happen to them. If you somehow could do a better job for half the price, their customer's wouldn't even let you into their house.

It's like that story out of "They Psychology of Persuasion" where the gift shop owner was frustrated that her gemstones were not selling, left a note on the display case, all stones 1/2 off and left for vacation.

She came back and every single one of the sold. Not only that, but because of her frustration, her sloppy handwritten sign made it appear to both the employees and the customers, that all stones were double the price marked. She sold every single stone for twice what they were worth. People assumed they were going up in value or otherwise rare, and snatched them up before anybody else could buy them at double the price.

CleanEvo

Good point Gary... I need to think about that one.

It's a scary thing to change your whole price structure. Now that I have my TM on order, I know that I need to increase my pricing. Maybe I'll try posting something on the Marketing board. :idea:

Trevor Truitt

Heres his coupon prices.

Two rooms $65 up to 300 sqft
Each additional room $25

Upholstery cleaning

Sofa $65
Loveseat $45
Chair $35
Ottoman $15

I'd hate to clean for those prices. I'd be making a living but I'd hate it.

If someone were sending out that coupon to increase their customer base, sure. But to get the rent money. Ffffffffffffffffffffffff

diamond brian

stevie b said:
Whole house for $65?
expose the hack.who is he?
I bet he does stay busy.

He performs a valuable service for us--kinda like the little fish who eat barnacles off of the whales...Or the birds who eat insects off of cattle...

R

R W

Rumor has it that Mikey is dropping his "3 room special for $695.00", down to $595.00. Tell us it ain't so, Mike.

Maybe that's why there's a $100 charge for WF.

We made $7500 in 6 hours Friday night......but it was for my Daughters Scholarship Fund. Between a silient auction, and a Chinese auction, we rung those kind folks out real well. Well, it is for a good cause.

www.dmhscholarship.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom