How many Sanitaire 887 guys do we got here?

Do you Dirt Cup?

• Total voters

Mikey P

Administrator
Anyone who has spent 6 months with a 887 Dirt Cup knows that nothing will out "dry" clean a wall to wall or area rug.

With a tight belt, fresh brushes and a clean Dirt bag it can't be beat.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Not yet, first thing I will buy in spring if I can wait that long. I figure I'll keep two vacs. in the van one for the nasty's and one for Mrs. P. Thing is when I pull out my powerforce and she has a Dyson feel kind of foolish. :oops:

Keith

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
We keep 1 in a dental lab and after sucking plaster all night nobody wants to be the person to dump the cup and shake the bag.

Mikey P

Administrator
EUR887.jpg

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
How's the filtration on those things? I almost bought one but went with the 5845 bagless instead. I like that big ole HEPA filter out there where Mrs. Pilf can see it.

Mikey P

Administrator
Filtration is horrible, that why they out suck any other vacuum out there
It's a catch 22 when it comes to vacuums.

Wear a banana if you have to but the dust escaping the 887 will not exceed what is being left behind by the so called Hepa vacs.

Not even close.

Chads

Supportive Member
How much are the brushes for this thing and what bag I did get a bunch of belts for it made a little difference, picked it up for twenty bucks from a carpet cleaner retiring from his scrub and run biz.

John Watson

Our Linhaus let us down for a couple of weeks and I bought a Dirt cup sanitair piece of shit. sold it for $125 at the swap meet last Sat... They are loud, they don't pick up on the edges they are just usless in my book. Last time I used it the flippen on/off button flew out. The cord is always a flippen mess. I would just as well use a dirt devil or orick instead!!!

gasaxe

John Watson said:
Our Linhaus let us down for a couple of weeks and I bought a Dirt cup sanitair piece of shit. sold it for $125 at the swap meet last Sat... They are loud, they don't pick up on the edges they are just usless in my book. Last time I used it the flippen on/off button flew out. The cord is always a flippen mess. I would just as well use a dirt devil or orick instead!!!

:shock: :lol:

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Mikey I agree with everything you say on the 887 which I have and use daily. But the cat litter, small pebbles, and sand type size material it just doesn't cut it. Worse it just kicks it forward.

Otherwise good machine.

Grant D

How many CFM's do these have? The royal 1028 has about 125, a true beast. Not an option for me with the horrible filtration. I don't want that crap in my lungs. A bagged model maybe though. Seems like edge cleaning should be good on the sanitaire if it has good suction.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
with a fresh belt, an 887 will vac better than anything I have used, with maybe the exception being the pile brush. they are nice because if you get a nasty the bag can really hold alot, you would be dumping the bissel more than 3 times. the only thing I don't like is it comes with only one upper cord wrap hook, I solved this on my new one after flipping the one off my old one and grinding the notches off it and using a couple sheet metal screws to secure it to the pole, now I have a cord wrap for my 887 that is neat and doesn't leave the cord flopping all over the place.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Looks kinda close to what the new account bought us? So maybe I can qualify as a user? I might have the 883?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I voted yes although I have the SC886. It's not as gay as the 887, i.e it doesn't have the little dirt cup. It has a man's cloth bag. Picked it up brand new on EBAY for $75 plus shipping based loosely on Mikey's recommendation. Stainless steel housing, 50 foot cord, built like a tank. This one will last for decades. For those times when you really really need to vacuum.

Rex Tyus

Sanitare is a good vac but the dirt cup thingy sux. To messy. I had a couple and bought the bag filter conversions from Hesco.

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
Has anyone tried the new Mytee vacuums? 8 amp, 138 cfm, 50 ft. detachable cord. Two models avail bad and dust cup.

matt sheppard

the 887 rules. i like the dirt cup because y ou can show the custy how much extra crap you pulled out of the carpet. i've had mine 5 years now with no complaints.

Mikey P

Administrator
Bogart said:
Has anyone tried the new Mytee vacuums? 8 amp, 138 cfm, 50 ft. detachable cord. Two models avail bad and dust cup.

I used one for three weeks.

Some cool features but it does not "clean" as well as the 887 and it's a real mess to empty.

Eats up belts like Danny goes through Hoe Hoes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom