How many stick with your company due to one (super) employee?

Mikey P

Administrator
When we moved to Nevada we quickly found a tire and repair shop that had THAT guy at the front counter.
Im pretty sure you multi truckers have one or two on staff. The one who makes the customer think they are dealing with the owner. Full of anecdotes, helpful tips, fun stories and remembers your name.
The perfect employee.

Our town is full of tire stores, many cheaper, but Lance kept me loyal as I trusted his opinion and I knew that one day I was going to need emergency service on the Transit and he would be there for me.

Today I dropped off a wheel that got a staple in it to get it patched and The Guy was not there.
It wasn't lunch time so I reluctantly asked..

" Lance is no longer here.."
Was all I got..

Asking for more info, I got a shifty look and a "I dont really know, I heard he was trying to open a shop up in Reno."

As I was That Guy at Coit, I could tell he was lying and my guy was now their competition here locally.

Now I just need to find Lance...

How many super employees have left you and taken their fans with them?

Or do you just hire Larry Lunchpails for this very reason?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
That was truly a wonderful story. It had all of the ingredients for a major hollywood movie. I'll remember it all thru my oval office visit coming up soon around 7:30. You see as my mind drifts and I "see" your scene unfold............I relax.......and with a "Poof"...........things begin to slide out...........and I think............It's going to be a good day! : )

Reactions: Desk Jockey

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Thankfully we haven't lost our "that guy".....

We lost one a few years ago, but no customers followed him. He went to the big green resto company, so it wasn't really competition. They promised him the world then laid him and 6 others off a few weeks later. He came back to us for a while but since his position was filled, we put him in sales. He didn't like having to keep route records and not getting the instant gratification of a sale (or clean carpet) right away so it didn't work out for him and he moved on.

Reactions: Mikey P

Ron K

Back to the post: Most OwnOps are "that guy" if not they don't make it.
I'd like to know how many phone calls to Conisure start with,,,
"Hi Mike......" or
"Is this the company with that guy with the really phat head?"
When they call me they ask for my wife and bypass me all together.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I got a lot of my early training at a small company owner by a Chinese guy. He came from the drycleaning industry and had a good knowledge of stain removal techniques and passed a lot of that on to his employees, including me. He would get calls 20 years later asking, do you still have that Chinese boy working for you? He was in his 60's at the time. People don't forget.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom