how much flow are you running threw your wand? Fav chem?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I was just curious what everyone was running at. and what is your favorite chems? and why. I am learning so bare with me.

Mine currently are:
prespray - Traffic Slam/flex/masterblends red line
rinse- power point
neutralizer - fab set

So whats yours?

jeg1983

Running 12 flow--4 #3's With a Glided low pro 12inch
Been using the O2 Combo for pre spray\ Rinse

I highly recommend the O2 and High flow it is the way to go.

Jamie

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i think that i'm gonna try it. but i wanna get some more input first. that is one of the reasons i started this thread.

Mark C

UltraPac and Dry slurry or all-fiber rinse (depending on soil conditions and carpet to be cleaned)
12 flow @ 600 psi with a pimped Prochem 6 jet Titanium

Just ordered a couple bottles each of the O2 system prespray and rinse with some Hot Sauce modifier to test out.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
350 PSI 10 flow 4 jet 12" Greenhorn, 240 ATM max, usually turn it down though

I use Zone Perfect and End Zone, I also like Power-Point (Liquid point blue for us lazy guys)

My boss really likes Hydro-Break, so I always carry it and never use it.

I use flex as a last resort, I also carry trafficslam but am unimpressed by the results I get. Works out only on carpets where I need to remove and suspend a lot of particulate soil that has been embedded from not vaccing ever. And it doesn't work on the greasy ones that well. Works best on olefin.

I carry some other brand's cotton and wool prespray. Major brand, but I don't think it's hydromaster, bridgepoint or prochem.

I like Hydramaster's natural orange, but it's hard to rinse and costs way too much.

There are some others but I am forgetting them at this hour. That's my main chem package, but I have the shelves filled and still have to carry some loose gallons from time to time.

TimP

Right now I'm using Cobb Powermax, or Judson O2 for most. If it's pretty bad, heavily soiled, I'll break out the Power Break. I rinse with, end-zone, fab set, Judson rinse or point blue depending. I have a bit of white lightning for if it's god awful.

I also run a greenhorn .10 flow at 500 psi.

matt sheppard

extreme clean prespray w/energy booster, propowder 2000 or last step rinse, light misting of certified odorbane as a general purpose deodorizer

hogjowl

Idiot™
GreenBean wand with 5 02 jets at 450 psi. I've been using both Judson's O2 combo and Acellerated's Super TLP. I am about to drop the TLP cuz Judson's is the best I have ever found.

KBRENNY

12.5 flow on a 5 jet wand, cobb power max pre spray for the nasties, matrix grand slam for light to moderate soil, action extraction rinse (acid ph with emulsifier)

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Granted I have never run a machine with a blower any bigger than a 47.... I have never even seen a vortex while it was running.... BUT!

I do not understand how anybody can clean with pressure higher than 500PSI. It just seems negligent. Only my opinion, based on the equipment I have used to date.

Rex Tyus

alot of you guys run green horn wands.

Yes. I actually have two.

While I admit I only operate at around 500 psi. I will say I have tested my Greenhorn up to 650 with no visible moisture penetrating the secondary backing when I pull the carpet back. I am not saying I have tested on every carpet type, but I have done several. The angled jets are the ticket to successful high pressure cleaning. Without angled jets I would agree that above 400 psi is typically irresponsible.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Using the Greenhorn these days. 5 jets are number 2's. Generally around 450 ro 500 psi. Running 3/8 inch pressure hose. Powermatic heat.

Even though the total solution flow is about 50% more than my Steam Way wand, the carpet dries faster. Those jets are set up just right, spacing, angle, distance from carpet, spray hits just in front of vac pick up. Though other wands I looked at had nice features, it was these things I just mentioned that made me choose it over some others.

I have been mostly using Steam Way Maxpak TLC and rinsing with Steam Way Formula A. Shawn at Steam Way tells me I should try rinsing with the pHibergard. It is just so hard to give up my 'A'.

Loren

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have been mostly using Steam Way Maxpak TLC and rinsing with Steam Way Formula A. Shawn at Steam Way tells me I should try rinsing with the pHibergard.

I am using the same pre-spray and I am liking it.....try rinsing with Pro's- Choice last step and let me know what you think....I think you will like it better...............

Shane

Jim Martin said:
I have been mostly using Steam Way Maxpak TLC and rinsing with Steam Way Formula A. Shawn at Steam Way tells me I should try rinsing with the pHibergard.

I am using the same pre-spray and I am liking it.....try rinsing with Pro's- Choice last step and let me know what you think....I think you will like it better...............

pH-iber Guard better. :D

LeeCory

I have a Powerclean Genesis with a Titanium 6 jet wand at 12 flow and 500 psi.

I use SteamPros "First Step powder" Why? Because they are local and I don't have to pay to ship in a 125 lbs of powder every couple months.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Shane said:
Jim Martin said:

pH-iber Guard better. :D

..........WTF...you were holing out on me....even after I took that possessed sprayer off your hands... :shock:

Brad_Smith

400-600 psi greenhorn with 15 flow. grease eraser (not sure i like it), extreme clean ( I think I like it), powermax is good too. through machine formula 90 ( seems good), extreme clean ( better as prespray ), dry slury (good but pricey), cleanit ( hard to beat).

I test by the case to make sure I'm using the best. Soon will try JJ. Their Quat alot seems to work good.

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I'm at 12 flow with about 400 psi. I have been using ultrapac with dry slurry as a rinse. On the trashed ones I use powerburst and spike it with magic wands oxyblaster. On olefin I will add some citrus to help with the grease if needed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom