how much heat rise from a 2ht?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
it didnt say.. just told me how many btu's and other specs..

Name
I'm Rick James
I have a 3ht and gets between 200-220. I would think a 2 ht would be between 160-180. Les or Greenie will get you the exact temp and what to expect. Someone is selling a 3ht in the jimbo garage sell for a grand I think it was, great deal.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
According to the chart, you can expect a 60 degree rise (inlet to outlet) for 90 gal per hour (thats 1.5gpm), or 120 degree rise for 45 gal per hour (0.75 gpm)

For reference, you get 1.5gpm with '06 jetting and 250 psi at the jet(s).

So, if your fresh water was, say, 70F, you would expect 130 degree water ATM worst-case (continuous flow), higher if you only key on the back stroke, allowing the heater to catch up (with 1.5gpm flow).

Greenie

...and there is your answer, keep in mind "duty cycle" that is trigger time on and off affects Net flow through the heater, some dry stroke more than they wet, and vise versa.

120 degree rise for 45 gal per hour (0.75 gpm)

So....120 degree rise could be sufficient for someone pushing over .75 gpm if they were making just as many dry passes as wet.

Keep in mind, there is a "rhythum" that these heaters work best at, if you just hammer the trigger all the way across an empty room, and dry your way back across the room, you'll discover that is NOT the most efficient way to use a heater.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Greenie said:
...and there is your answer, keep in mind "duty cycle" that is trigger time on and off affects Net flow through the heater, some dry stroke more than they wet, and vise versa.

120 degree rise for 45 gal per hour (0.75 gpm)

So....120 degree rise could be sufficient for someone pushing over .75 gpm if they were making just as many dry passes as wet.

Keep in mind, there is a "rhythum" that these heaters work best at, if you just hammer the trigger all the way across an empty room, and dry your way back across the room, you'll discover that is NOT the most efficient way to use a heater.

Is a 15 flow 1.5 gpm?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
'15 flow refers to a size 15 nozzle. It IS 1.5 gpm, but ONLY at 40 psi. It is much more at normal cleaning pressures. At 250 psi, you will get 3.8 gpm, at 600 psi, 5.8 gpm. This is pressure measured at the nozzle - for any reasonable length of 1/4" hose run, the pressure at the nozzle is quite a bit less than pressure at the machine due to pressure drop through the hose.

This table has been posted here before in another thread I think, but notice how the nozzle size corresponds to the flows in the 40 psi column:

[attachment=0:bxa5zy5w]FlowChart.gif[/attachment:bxa5zy5w]

Greenie

This HydraSlave chart pops up every so often, it only confuses the masses.

Pull out a mop-bucket and bucket test the Real Life flow rate of any of your tools, you'll find your Net flow to be about HALF of what the chart shows.

What can I say....it just is.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Agreed. The table is accurate for pressure measured at the jet, it's just that mere mortals (us) usually have no clue what the real pressure at the jet is. And to make matters worse, it changes radically with hose length.

So even if you do a bucket test with your usual 100' hose, you still have no idea what the flow is when you have your 300' of hose hooked up.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I was sent some pics from a good friend.. this is how its supposed to look.. dont ask i know nothing about the LG heaters yet..

DSC02327.jpg

DSC02319.jpg

DSC02322.jpg

Thanks guys..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom