How to clean...of even worth it...

EDS

Name
Ed
How would you clean with a TM? They usually have it pressure washed but this year is different. AThey have money to burn to get it done correctly. Going to do a sample area tomorrow in the AM.

Was thinking of sweeping it rinsing with hose to get all debris of then typical TG process with degreaser and nuclear pre-spray....sucks that I don't have access to brown TG brushes for my CRB..

It was red then painted terra cotta....STAY AWAY????? And how much to charge them... IMG_2252.JPGIMG_2250.JPGIMG_2252.JPGIMG_2250.JPGIMG_2246.JPGIMG_2252.JPGIMG_2250.JPGIMG_2246.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2249.JPG
    IMG_2249.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 218

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Ed, when you bid jobs like that, take a spray bottle of something with you, and a stiff brush (like you'd do dishes with).

Test a spot and see if it gives way.
My recommendation is to use a straight degreaser, as they tend not to bother paint. I've taken really thick, gummy restaurant grease off painted stucco with just a sprayer, a brush and rinsing hose, after the Green Guys ("Like we never even tried") failed twice with a pressure washer. This probably will come off with sprayed degreaser, dwell and agitate with an automotive washing brush. Then rinse and repeat.
Hedge your bets and emphasize that the greasy soil has probably ruined the brick stain, and when you clean it, it may come off. Make SURE you dump that monkey ahead of time. If it doesn't damage anything, just smile and schedule your next visit.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
looks like the paints coming off anyway. Let the customers that the paint may come off. You can't guarantee some elses work.

EDS

Name
Ed
So could not find a decent degreaser and cleaner. Not the purple. I think with a heavy duty it could come out better.

Notice the red came through in one area. Probably did not bond well in that area.

Very labour intensive. Priced it high and if I get it good and if not then one less problem. Already have the carpet and upholstery for 4 stores...

Attachments

• IMG_2287.JPG
    IMG_2287.JPG
    215.4 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_2288.JPG
    IMG_2288.JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_2290.JPG
    IMG_2290.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_2291.JPG
    IMG_2291.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 268
Reactions: Nate The Great

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So could not find a decent degreaser and cleaner. Not the purple. I think with a heavy duty it could come out better.

Notice the red came through in one area. Probably did not bond well in that area.

Very labour intensive. Priced it high and if I get it good and if not then one less problem. Already have the carpet and upholstery for 4 stores...
looks good to me.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
That ZEP purple degreaser you get at menards is the shitz. But watch getting it anywhere on your skin

EDS

Name
Ed
So he said it was too expensive for him. Tried to line up a guy to give him a demo area for pressure washing it (might be more in budget). Set up the appointment for tomorrow (they are in a t 6am) and my pressure washer guy crapped out on me only after agreeing to the appointment.

Now I look bad. This guy has given me 6 other restaurant managers numbers. 4 booked for carpet cleaning and patio furniture cleaning done to be done twice a year and the other two have booked for patio furniture next week. Wanted the work first...but if I could not get him the work wanted to give him value.

Now I look bad. Gave him a price of 2g...wondering if I should just cut into a 1/3 to a half for him and call it a day. Throw him a bone for throwing me a bone...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom