How to fix a water stain the VLM way???

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I just did an office today that had a little water damage in the carpet and left a brown water stain after it dried. I cleaned the carpet HWE style. After I finished, there was a light shadow over the area where the big water stain was. I'm assuming there's gonna be some wicking after it dried, so I'll be going back soon. Yes, the customer is aware of it.

I'm gonna return with my 175 with the blue/grey striped bonnet. I have Hydramaster's Cleanmaster liquid encap juice that I won on here, and I have Magic wand's powder encap stuff.

Which one would you use in this scenario?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
use a browning treatment such as Chemspec liquid browning treatment. Use undiluted but add 1 oz of neutral ph prespray for lubrication. Most times, you can just spray the browning treatment on and watch it fade away. Bonnet buffing just adds a little more efficiency to it.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm wanting to use what I've got on the shelf because I don't vlm much...yet

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
use a browning treatment such as Chemspec liquid browning treatment. Use undiluted but add 1 oz of neutral ph prespray for lubrication. Most times, you can just spray the browning treatment on and watch it fade away. Bonnet buffing just adds a little more efficiency to it.
Is there a substitute I can use for the browning treatment? I don't have any of that

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Is there a substitute I can use for the browning treatment? I don't have any of that
Vinegar. Table vinegar is 5% acetic acid. Pickling vinegar is 7%. Some places, you can find double strength or cleaning vinegar that is 10%. I use this in the shop often. Use 2 cups to a gallon of hot water and add 1 oz of Neutral ph prespray for lubrication

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Which one would you use in this scenario?

They both should work. I'd pick the liquid(easier!)...

However, if it's(really) just wicking... Couple squirts/mists of peroxide(stain magic or like) and you are on your way. I'd try the peroxide first(small area, put a fan on it. See what happens. If nothing, then encap. imo....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
An acid rinse will work usually, especially if you buff. The advantage of the Browning treatment is that along with the acetic acid, it also has a mild reducer in it. Peroxide will work but riskier.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
As Jimmy say's use a Peroxide.

I use a Peroxide booster in my regular encap tank, this gets rid of coffee stains as well as cellulosic browning as I'm cleaning.

I am aware that Jimmy doesn't like encap; I don't care, it works for me, & I admit, there are times when I do use my rotary extractor for certain jobs.

Browning treatment is okay to stop the browning, but a browning REMOVER is what's needed for your situation.

Browning REMOVER, contains more H2O2, than the treatment.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt, I'll be in Cumming Wednesday afternoon, leaving Thursday afternoon.

If you could pop down, I'll give you some Releasit Hydrox, which always does it for me on "tea stains" like this. How's that sound?
Hey bro, I appreciate it. I don't know if I'll have time to drive 2hr 40min round trip to Cumming. I'd love to meet you though. I'll let you know if I can meet up with you

Reactions: Old Coastie

steve_64

Why is the buffer and products not in the trailer to start with?

Proper prespray dwell and aggitation along with proper extraction steps should clean the area the first time.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Ricky's shills : )

The more I read from you Jimmy, the more I'm sure you really know S.F.A. about the encapsulation or bonnet system & how to get decent results.

I don't shill for nobody, something else you know nothing about.

It's so sad to see you like this.

Stop living in a grumpy old dark age, get out and learn about other techniques, I was a die hard HWE operator for well over 30 years.

Now I use different systems as required, never just one system alone for everything.

:yoda:

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom