how to get off hundreds of chewing gum pieces from concrete side walk?

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
I have a restaurant group where we clean carpet that want their sidewalk cleaned of gum. We don't have experience with getting it off concrete. According to ownership other cleaners don't fare very well so they asked if we could help. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
http://www.shopetsonline.com/Dominator-Gumblaster-S-p/gumblaster_s.htm

These types of units really work, we have a couple of Gumbuster carts and an Osprey. The only issue is you won't always have power so you're best setup is having a generator and you need a large one to maintain your heat.

Works awesome when you can maintain you heat, it just dissolves it like magic but then you have a clean area on dirty concrete. :eekk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Lee Stockwell
Get a pressure washer wand and turbo tip. 60 bux. If you don't have a Turbo Hybrid yet put it on your short list as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That would work as long as the mess isn't a problem. Around here you have to recover your water so using as little as possible is the ideal situation. Run off could also be a concern if you're using solvents to aid in removal.

hogjowl

Idiot™
And, if you are trying to do it with a pressure washing wand (even with a turbo tip) you need LOTS of heat, flow and pressure. More than most of our TM's can provide.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
0 degreee tip works well.....

but yes check with how big of mess can be made....\\

you mean hillbilly kansas doesnt just let you wash it down???

all it would be is water and pieces o gum

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Maybe in the small rural towns you can get away with it but not in the city, especially in Topeka the capital or Lawrence where they are a very green community.

Name
Lee Stockwell
You do know a Turbo Hybrid recovers the water don't you? Our 405s have adequate power to knock it off easily. Just short of 1200 psi.

Set up the TH, it can be recovering the few spots the pressure wand hits.

A turbo tip is a rotating 0deg. tip...but covers more ground quickly.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I have a day care that just asked the same question. How are you charging for the gum removal and concetet cleaning if you don't mind me asking.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
as was mentioned, maybe let them know there will be clean spots after gum removal?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom