How to remove dried candle wax from carpet

CTI Courtney

Name
Courtney Rodseth
If the wax is clear, you can reheat the wax with an iron over a white terry towel. Try to absorb as much of that wax into the towel as possible. Once most of the wax is removed, use Pro's Choice Power Gel and agitate the area with a Pro's Choice Carpet shark and extract. Repeat if needed.
If the wax has color, heat the wax with a terry towel and an iron only until it becomes liquid, apply Pro's Choice Power Gel, agitate with a Pro's Choice Carpet Shark and immediately extract. Repeat as needed. The reason you do not want to absorb as much of the wax on the terry towel with colored wax is because you will drive the color deeper into the fibers.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
If the wax is clear, you can reheat the wax with an iron over a white terry towel. Try to absorb as much of that wax into the towel as possible. Once most of the wax is removed, use Pro's Choice Power Gel and agitate the area with a Pro's Choice Carpet shark and extract. Repeat if needed.
If the wax has color, heat the wax with a terry towel and an iron only until it becomes liquid, apply Pro's Choice Power Gel, agitate with a Pro's Choice Carpet Shark and immediately extract. Repeat as needed. The reason you do not want to absorb as much of the wax on the terry towel with colored wax is because you will drive the color deeper into the fibers.

Thank you for restoring this thread, and for the excellent advice Sarah.

Please keep posting helpful things like this.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I didn't realize this was a thread about wax. I soften it up with my wallpaper steamer and suck it up with the open hose cuff. Lastly, I take Cobb's solvent spotter and squirt it on the residue as I cuff it up ... sort of like the old gun and cuff method of gum removal.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
My judson C4 with a little giant can take wax out in 30 seconds. Just sayin..:icon_cool:

I can't believe all the different methods of removing wax. It melts at 99 deg and even a pitiful truckmount can product it. The wax and color come out together with no extra products, just hot water.

Gene

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You must specialize in Herculon, Olefin and other solution dyed fibers.
Any good truck mount will produce enough heat to melt the wax.

Your method will also (not always but frequently enough) set in the color of a colored wax with any other fiber that accepts dyes/pigments.
I guess you can charge extra for the additional color.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom