How to talk to customers on the phone

KBRENNY

I had a clean last Thursday for a black woman and had already given a price over the phone. Arrived 15 minutes early, did the job with no problems. Went to collect and got some trouble over the price, even though I had already given her the price before I started. In the process she was extremely rude to me and even called me a "Crazy white boy".

The customer calls Friday and I recognized the number. I don't care to have any customers that treat me the way she did so I answered the phone: "Crazy white boy carpet cleaning, how may I help you?"

She laughed so hard I thought she would drop the phone while she was peeing her pants. Then she said she called to tell me her carpet looked wonderful and she wanted to apologize for being so rude and let me know she was just having a very bad day that day.

-JB-

Name
JB
That's a good lesson for the "newbies" it's not personal, sometimes your clients are just having a bad day, you never know what they've been dealing w/before you show up, remember that. Good story!

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
It certainly isn't "politically correct" but very funny. Maybe I will add it in to the SFS phone script.

Island Boy

PS For you unfortunate few who do not yet have our SFS phone script that once and for all lets you answer the "eternal phone question"- "How much do you charge?" just write me at stoburen@homefrontsuccess.com and I will send you my Special Report. No charge and if you want the free "SFS Concepts" DVD just include your mailing address.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom