How was your first quarter?

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Our Jan. sucked but we are up $7500 from this time last year. We have set a goal to make $67,000 more this year. So far we are behind the increases needed. I haven't advertised in years and don't want to start but I think we may need too, to keep our second truck running more to meet our goals.

I only do one newsletter a year to my custys. Do you think one a month or every other month will help? I hate coupons, but we send one out for Jan. and Feb. that keeps us going good in those months. What else can I do to reach our goal?

Greenie

Excellent first Qtr. for us, in fact it was a record Feb, who woulda thunkit?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
You always loose customers due to attrition. Customers always move, die, or simply forget your name.

It's cheep advertising to at least mail a card to your previous customers every month.

( 1 job will pay for it)

They won't forget your name. (Fridge magnets get over looked) and you can encourage them to pass the card to their friends.

A card on their fridge is money in your bank.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
There is a such thing as too damn much junk mail. I'd do a quarterly newsletter at most. Just have it go out at the end of January, beginning of May, Mid-August & early November ...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
our junk mail normally comes on wed, and sun,

so we put our junk in the mail on all the other days so it don't get mixed up with all the other junk and has a better chance of being noticed.........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
mail don't run on Sunday in our neck of the woods
only mon threw sat

Greenie

I remember one time, I did a test run of first class mail, an actual hand addressed postage stamp #10 envelope, it did take longer to preapre but had a huge response in relation to bulk mailings, probably cause it actually got opened by most.

GRHeacock

I sent out reminder postcards every month to prior customers.

I also had about 10 a month that were on a regular scheduled maintenance basis.

If you don't have regular scheduled customers, I suggest starting a plan for that.

Just ask the customer after you have finished with a job if they would like it maintained every (3, 4, 6, whatever) months.

Most will say no, some will say yes.

Think of the residential customers done like commercial customers.

I called mine an "Appearance Maintenance."

Worked for me.

Gary

-JB-

Name
JB
G - great idea, we started offering that late last fall, as of now we have about 18 or so, scheduled 6mo. out.
NICE!
It seems to work out nicely, cause the ones that book tend to be the same ones that would call based on a reminder, so you get them in early in the month, so there's no need to pack your good clients in on the end as many wait til later in the month to call.
Works good for us and them.

G

Adam,

Our sales were down about $1,000.00 for the first quarter but I took more salary and we made about $4,000.00 more than last year. This year I am focusing more on profit than sales numbers.

Dave

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Dave

You are right, I can make $500,000 a year and put 100k in my pocket or do 250k and put 100k in my pocket, its all the same. We are focusing on more money made and more in my pockets. Are you doing anything different this year than last?

Bryan Irvin

I just started up for myself last Aug, so I dont have numbers from this time last year to compare to. I've been pretty busy, dont have the exact #'s added up, but I do know its just a little over 25k. Probably not a big total compared to most of you guys, but we worked our asses off marketing in the down times, and now its really paying off! I'm proud!

Becker

Name
Becker
I'm very happy with my 1st Q.

Record for the 16 years I've been cleaning.

Record jan and Feb. March was above normal.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
January was a little slow here too but Feb. and March were unreal. I sent a winter special to my customers and my phone rang off the hook. Then a few weeks ago I started fishing for new customers with postcards and the phone is still ringing. We have had an early Spring in N.C. with nice weather which helped alot.

The only thing I know to do to reach your goal is marketing. Wether it's postcards or going door to door or hunting for commercial accounts.

How about adding another service you can offer your current customers, power washing, t&g, window washing.

The more money you can make of each customer, the less customers you need to reach that goal.

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Big Jump from last year!!

$6,850 last years 1st quarter

$15,141.63 This years fist quarter

Not to bad for my second year, hopefully more to come.
My march made the most impact!!!

All The Best, Rob

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Our January was great, looked like some real promise but February took a nose dive and March was just average so we are just on par with last year. :(

April has potential, we are busy with water losses and commercial cleaning is kicking in already. :eek:

The Preacher

22% increase, but more expenses this year than last.

i've implemented some of the things i learned at SFS and they have been received without resistance!!! Sales are up since returning due to new approach on the phone!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom