How would you handle this?

Discussion in 'Lets talk Business!' started by todg, May 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    Amazing what it will do. Using the little one today. Hopefully, I'll have some pics.
  2. The Great Oz
    The Great Oz

Name:
    bryan
    The key is that you probably won't have to do this once they know you won't grovel...

We typically give the benefit of the doubt, even if the customer seems scammy, as long as we can see a point where we might have done something differently along the way to avoid a misunderstanding.

When someone threatens bad reviews to get free services though, I have that conversation with them, even offering to send them some clips of court rulings. The potential embarrassment of being exposed and having to publish apologies is usually enough.

One person carried through with the bad review threat and posted a hatchet job. I answered the posting with the details of their extortion threat. There was a pretty long list of pro-Burns comments on the post, so with that review neutralized there was no need to take it farther.
  3. ruff
    ruff

Name:
    Ofer Kolton
    Responding kindly and truthfully to a bad review is always a good policy and results in a positive from your potential and actual clients.

Dealing with scumbags is draining and not worth the aggravation. Since most of us here offer a money back guarantee, they can always ask for their money back anyhow. I'd consider it 1/2, a money back and move on.

If one has the energy to deal with it in addition to their full days of work, I salute their moral stand and victory. Good for them.
  4. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    I gots lots of energy still.
  5. ruff
    ruff

Name:
    Ofer Kolton
    Yea.
    But you spend it on buying lots of extra stair wands and other equipment for which you have no room in your van :winky:
    Cleanworks likes this.
  6. TomKing
    TomKing

Supportive Member

Name:
    Tom
    That's unfortunate. The real question is why would you want the head ache of a legal battle.

My attorney bills me out at $325 per hour. Give him the free work and move on. It will be cheaper and your spirit will feel better rather than living in the mire of that guys crappy life.

It doesn't feel great but stuff like that happens you have to keep moving forward.