How would you word this?

I need some help. This sucks imo.

FREE ESTIMATES

As much as we would like to tell you over the phone how much your cleaning will cost, the truth is we really can’t. Every cleaning job is different from the size of the home, the age and condition of the carpet, and the amount of preparation that is needed to properly clean a carpet. Another factor is the level of service we are asked to perform; whether it be a full service job or just a touch up with spot cleaning. The good news is we can cater a cleaning package that is just right for you, and we GURANATEE a firm fair price in writing before we begin the cleaning process.

Most of our new clients have us do a free price quote and clean in the same trip. We can also just do a quote. Just let us know which you prefer.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
While we would love to quote a firm price over the phone; each appointment is different and so are the needs of each of our clients. Before we begin any work we like to do a thorough walk through with our clients, and that allows us to do 3 important things. We're able to answer all questions, visually see all concerns of our clients, and provide an exact estimate of what their final bill before services rendered. We can begin work the same day or schedule for a later date which ever is most convenient.

PS. I know I slightly repeated myself, I did that on purpose as I know knowing the price before beginning is really important to people. I used the word important because it shows that you care about what they really want, and again knowing what the price is before beginning.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
First rule: Give the customer what they want, not what you think they need. If they want a phone estimate give one. Then "Does that sound like it is in the ballpark of what you were expecting, because if you want an exact quote I would be happy to stop by and do that for you also. Then if you want it done we can do it at that time but there is no obligation." I am usually within 10% of my phone bids and save a lot of wasted time. Our phone script can keep them engaged for quite a while if we feel that is beneficial.
Al
ps Just booked one for 360.00 after I hit post. After a sound of concern on her end I quickly added "And if that is more than what you were expecting maybe we can lower the price by eliminating some furniture moving or not cleaning some of the less soiled areas" Then she said "no, that sounds good and I would like my windows done too" I said "Well, thats great because you save 10% on the second service if we do it on the same day" I just love this job. She runs a business and doesn't want to screw around with two appointments and having strangers in her home more than she has to. Win Win

I think we all know where this is leading to.

When I pre-inspect a job, I always get a higher price. The price is actually what I want to get in the first place.

When I quote over the phone, I either quote lower because I can tell the customer is price sensitve, or I am just too high.

I know I should not worry about price shoppers, but the fact is there are a lot of people that will pay a good price, they just don't know it until you arrive and show them what you can do.

Giving the customer options is a win win for both parties.

Mrs. Piff calls and says I need my living room, dinning room, three bedrooms, and a hallway cleaned. You know about what it is going to cost to do the job right. You also know unless it is a referral if you quote what the job is going to cost to do right you only have a 50/50 chance of closing the job unless you spend a lot of time selling your services.

Steve I need your opionion on the following: Just let the customer know if price is a major factor in their decision, you will work with them to cater a cleaning that fits their needs and their budget, and if you really can't you can always recommend another cleaner (the biggest low price hack you know). No matter what though do not talk numbers over the phone. I feel you will loose some, but you will gain more. With this scenario you are not really offering a sub par job. Just maybe not your full service job. I am not talking about encapping the carpet like Brian because he is too lazy to do real work. If it comes to that, you can always walk. I am guessing that will not happen very often if you have a nice truck and know what you are talking when speaking with the customer.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Even though we pretty much do the same thing for every client, we want to see how naïve and rich you are so I can sucker the most money from you.

You will feel so important and I will be able to talk you into shit U really dont, want or need.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
why not just book the job at a reasonable price and sell when you get there. Your cleaning price will be the same and depending how many jobs you currently book a day will either be cut or you book a longer day alotting scheduled time frames rather than hard times so if you sell an hour worth the work you aren't late for your next. Worse thing is you work longer that day

When I get to a job if I know I have some time in the tank I say I would like to walk through the job to make sure you know what I am going to do here and when I do I point out as much as I have time to do

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Um, I just quote it over the phone. In fact when they ask me to come look at the job first I tell them It's $50 for me to come out but I just do bids over the phone.

I guess I'm weird that way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom