Hurrican Cat-5 Hybrid Truckmount

Name
I'm Rick James
I wonder what the heat source is for it? Is the generator built into the machine?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
IIs the generator built into the machine?

looks like it
appx 45-50 second mark (?) you see the generator .
Looks like a typical Harbor Freight stand alone genset bolted to the frame
That must be what the funnel is for too..to climb in the van and fill the gen's gas tank .

any manufacture that hopes to crack the nut on a lectromount, HAS to do it without GAS MOTORS to supply power needs .
Til that threshold is crossed , it's just a glorified porty that's not portable anymore ..

..L.T.A.

Will Reed

Name
Will Reed
I have one on order direct from Velocity Tech. The one at steambrite is their prototype and the machine has undergone a number of design changes and enhancements since then. I have an upgraded gen to a 2 cylinder Honda 18 hp gen.

Anyways the main features to premptively answer some questions:
-Has a built in converter box so if you are within 50' of a dryer vent you can power the whole machine with no fuel cost to you. It would take 4 cords to operate otherwise (5 for my model), this is not a 2 corded portable masquerading as an ETM.
-Vacuum h/x that boost heat 35-45 degrees for free
-Coolant heater for fresh water tank upgrade option that preheats your fresh tank up to about 140 that is also free heat, heats your water whenever your van is running.
-Generator has dual h/x much like a 18 hp TM has. The gen is integrated and can take advantage of its heat that other cleaners don't take advantage of when they have their generator running. While this isn't technically free heat since it is running off the gen, it is heat that would otherwise be wasted.
-Water softener and filtration system available for a really good price.

I hear the comment of why use an ETM that is running off a gen, just buy a gas TM instead.

-First there is a perception that electric vacuum motors can't have as much suction as a gas TM. I feel this is the first electric based TM that will show that they have just as much power. I talked to a TM technician that repairs TMs that works in the same facility this is being built at. He is exposed to TMs all day everyweek, from 18 hps to Titans and Everests. He says the suction on this machine at the machine feels >= a Prochem Legend.
-I live in Montana, a little remote out here. The nearest distributor that can fix TM is 280 miles away. A veritable disaster if anything goes wrong. Since this machine is modular by design if one vacuum motors fails I can still keep cleaning. I can put in new vacuum motors myself. Generators are pretty generic machines, if there is a problem with the gen I can take it to a local mechanic whom will also charge less compared to a specialty mechanic. Big maintenance savings and more importantly little to no downtime due to maintenance issues.
-Gas TMs burn through 1-2 gallons/hour. This machine uses less then that per hour when running off the gen. It uses 0 gallons/hour when running off a dryer vent plug in. This adds up to big fuel savings over the course of a year.
-This machine can do T&G with 2 #2 jets on a spinner.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I Big maintenance savings and more importantly little to no downtime due to maintenance issues.
-Gas TMs burn through 1-2 gallons/hour. This machine uses less then that per hour when running off the gen. .

Thanks Will
How much gas pr hour does that 18hp engine burn while under load?

I'm curious too what TMs you've run in the past and how long you've been running lectromounts to realize "Big maintenance savings and more importantly little to no downtime due to maintenance issues."

Thanks

..L.T.A.

Will Reed

Name
Will Reed
The Honda gen is coming factory set to use propane, I saw the graph for it once on the fuel usage but don't know where it is at now. At full load it was about 1.3 g/h. With all components running on the TM it will be at about 80% load for around 1 to 1.1 g/h I think. I definitely plan on doing testing when I receive the unit to determine the exact g/h as I am meticulous about keeping track of my costs. I am the type of guy that runs his own tests to see if they match the manufacturers claims, ala trust but verify.

For the last two years I have been a portable user. Have not used a TM of any kind. My information comes from reading forums for the past 2 years. I have called Jondon distributors to ask what their back log time was on TM repairs the response has been a few days to over a week. One guy had a blower go out and prochem had stocking problems on that particular part, it wasn't until one month later before it got fixed.

This is why I feel that this TM will be a big money saver on not just fuel costs but in maintenance and less operating downtime. The model I am getting has 6 motors. They are not 6 low performance motors that you see in some quad vac portables, it would take 5 cords to run them all along with the water pump, transfer pump, and APO. Of course I'll never be running 5 cords but anyways. The fact that it has 6 motors means if one goes down I have 5 other motors and can still keep cleaning without a hiccup. I can keep spare motors in my garage and swap them into the machine myself at the end of the day. How many carpet cleaners keep a spare blower in their garage and self install it at the end of their day if it goes out? :) If the Gen goes out I can still run off a dryer vent cord or run regular power cords. If I run 2 cords I have comparable performance of a jag 6.6 or LTD5. If I run 3 cords I have more power then any 2 corded portable.

Seeing how the nearest TM distributor is 280 miles away from me it would be disastrous if/when a gas TM goes down on me. $100s in gas, motel, food expense being out of town getting it fixed, possibly $1000s in opportunity cost if I have to stay over night out of town waiting for it to get fixed for a few days. The Hurricane is a unit that takes the 'portable in a trailer' idea and raises the bar. Integrating the gen, the components, fresh tank, recovery tank, h/x, etc. It isn't being designed to compete with portables or ETMs, its being designed to compete with mid level gas TMs.

I told Velocity Tech to go Monster Carpet Garage on my machine and I bought all the possible options. It is a new company, my machine will be the first machine of its kind that they made as many new designs and innovations have come about since the prototype was made and featured in that steam brite video. The one I am getting will not look like the one in the video. When I get the machine I will be doing my own testing on it. CFM, HG, 4TD at different lengths, etc. and will post about it.

Thanks Caduceus :)

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Hi Will;

This is the link for a 4 Vac ETM with the latest vac motors that I tested:
http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showthread.php?262213-ETM-Trailer-w-17-quot-hg-Propane-Heat
I tested with 50 ft. of 2" hose and a 12" CMP s-bend wand.

It would be interesting to see how your machine's vac level compares.

The Trailer 4 Vac ETM used a couple of new Lamb vac motors with very high AirWatt specs.

Give me a call and we can discuss the actual vac levels while cleaning with a 12" wand.

Thanks;

Larry

Mikey P

Administrator
Welcome aboard Will

please keep us up to date with your new unit.

I own a Vortex and have no supplier to work on it.

You'd be amazed at how helpful farm supply mechanics can be.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's going to be tough to be within 50-ft of a dryer hookup, a hundred might get you for most homes depending on your market. I ran a Hybrid Electric TM for many years an it did have power and with a propane heat it kicked butt. However if I were in your situation and a distributor is that far with that kind of backlog I'd have bought a Butler, Hydramaster or Cleanco clutch drive.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The Honda gen is coming factory set to use propane, I saw the graph for it once on the fuel usage but don't know where it is at now. At full load it was about 1.3 g/h. With all components running on the TM it will be at about 80% load for around 1 to 1.1 g/h I think. I definitely plan on doing testing when I receive the unit to determine the exact g/h as I am meticulous about keeping track of my costs. I am the type of guy that runs his own tests to see if they match the manufacturers claims, ala trust but verify.

For the last two years I have been a portable user. Have not used a TM of any kind. My information comes from reading forums for the past 2 years. I have called Jondon distributors to ask what their back log time was on TM repairs the response has been a few days to over a week. One guy had a blower go out and prochem had stocking problems on that particular part, it wasn't until one month later before it got fixed.

This is why I feel that this TM will be a big money saver on not just fuel costs but in maintenance and less operating downtime. The model I am getting has 6 motors. They are not 6 low performance motors that you see in some quad vac portables, it would take 5 cords to run them all along with the water pump, transfer pump, and APO. Of course I'll never be running 5 cords but anyways. The fact that it has 6 motors means if one goes down I have 5 other motors and can still keep cleaning without a hiccup. I can keep spare motors in my garage and swap them into the machine myself at the end of the day. How many carpet cleaners keep a spare blower in their garage and self install it at the end of their day if it goes out? :) If the Gen goes out I can still run off a dryer vent cord or run regular power cords. If I run 2 cords I have comparable performance of a jag 6.6 or LTD5. If I run 3 cords I have more power then any 2 corded portable.

Seeing how the nearest TM distributor is 280 miles away from me it would be disastrous if/when a gas TM goes down on me. $100s in gas, motel, food expense being out of town getting it fixed, possibly $1000s in opportunity cost if I have to stay over night out of town waiting for it to get fixed for a few days. The Hurricane is a unit that takes the 'portable in a trailer' idea and raises the bar. Integrating the gen, the components, fresh tank, recovery tank, h/x, etc. It isn't being designed to compete with portables or ETMs, its being designed to compete with mid level gas TMs.

I told Velocity Tech to go Monster Carpet Garage on my machine and I bought all the possible options. It is a new company, my machine will be the first machine of its kind that they made as many new designs and innovations have come about since the prototype was made and featured in that steam brite video. The one I am getting will not look like the one in the video. When I get the machine I will be doing my own testing on it. CFM, HG, 4TD at different lengths, etc. and will post about it.

Thanks Caduceus :)

We have spares of all major components on the shelf at all times and are ready to switch out components quickly.

Will Reed

Name
Will Reed
It's going to be tough to be within 50-ft of a dryer hookup, a hundred might get you for most homes depending on your market. I ran a Hybrid Electric TM for many years an it did have power and with a propane heat it kicked butt. However if I were in your situation and a distributor is that far with that kind of backlog I'd have bought a Butler, Hydramaster or Cleanco clutch drive.

Dryer vent hook up is a bonus if its available. If it isn't it is no big deal I'll just use the gen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom