HVAC & Mold

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I was looking up products that can be fogged by either ULV or Thermo-fogging that can be used for mold in ductwork.

The only two that I can find that even seem to be worth a crap are, Fosters 40-20 & Envirocon. I've used both as well.

Any others you have had success with and could recommend ?

I've often wondered of Unsmokes Unsoot with its encapsulating capabilities could be used ? Mr Forsythe ?

Thanks

R

rotovacguy

Steve, check out the Sporicidin products. We use them for sanitizing air ducts, and haven't had a problem with it. I use it with an Air Care 2600 fogger.

It also kicks the shit out of blood and pet odors on carpet, too.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We use to use Enviro Con also and had so-so results.

I have several concerns about spraying or encapsulating the HVAC system. We will do it but only after understands the difficulty of thoroughness and agrees on the possible repercussions.

I just question how good a kill you will get even with a ULV? Most products are to remain wet for 15-minutes to provide effectiveness. I don't know if that is possible to wet down the interior of the HVAC system well enough without causing collateral damage.

Encapsulating? Once again how can you be assured about getting enough material to be effective to coat the interior. We've always been concerned about longevity, how long will it bond before we receive calls about material breaking away.

As I said we will do it, but only after everyone involved understands what can be expected.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Thanks for the replies. I generally will do it directly after we clean the duct work. Closing off each vent and fogging individually with the negative air machine attached to bring the product through the system.

I havent had much luck ULV fogging. More luck with Fosters than Envirocon.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Fiberlock has IAQ 7000 A "Duct liner adhesive coating and encapsulaant." This is for insulated ducts. In some cases hey suggest the use of IAQ 8000 as a bascoat if the insulation is deteriorating.

The combination of Fiberlock Shockwave and Aftershock is also registered for use on glavanized metal ductwork.

I have the same concerns as Richard about the appropriateness of mildewcide on ductwork.

If the surface is clean, mold won't grow on metal so it is not needed. If you do apply it, it will have evaparated long before new mold spores make mold an issue.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom