Hydramaster Cds

Gordy

Hi there

I am considering purchasing a second hand truckmount as a back up machine, a Hydramaster cds mounted in a Toyota Hiace.

I am not familiar with direct drive units. The only truckmount I have owned is the Prochem peak I am currently running.

How would a Hydramaster cds compare to a Prochem peak specifically in regards to reliability, but also cost and ease of repairs and maintenance.

Would it have enough heat and vacuum to be considered a genuine dual unit?

Anything else I need to be aware of with direct drive units?

Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
The heat and suction in a CDS will outperform the Peak. Not really a dual wand unit but you can do upholstery and carpet at the same time. Is the CDS already installed in the Toyota?

Chris A

Name
Chris
I have a 9 year old unit with 5500 hours. It's been a backup for the last year and a half. If the current owner is not meticulous about rinsing the waste tank it will rot over time and develop holes, I've patched mine a few times. Not a dual wander but carpet and furniture for sure. Decent heat but probably less than your peak (190-210)

Name
Brad Gouveia
Never heard of a CDS in a Toyota, are you in Australia? Most are put in Ford, Chevy, and Dodge. How many miles and hours are on the truck/unit. For a back up it maybe the way to go, only one engine you need to make sure works instead of two.

Gordy

Yes the cds in already installed in the Toyota. I haven't as yet inspected it so don't know how many hours the truck/unit has done. I am based in New Zealand

Back
Top Bottom