Hydramaster DM3?.....

Name
Jeff T
I'm in the market for a new uph. tool. I am leaning towards the Drymaster 3. Anyone have good, or bad experience with this tool? I am looking for a jetless, clean in both directions, and will last me longer than a year( Mytee dry lasted 13-14 months)..... If not this one, why not? Then which one? Any info is helpful...
Thank you in advance.
Jeff @ SCC

Mikey P

Administrator
If the MD lasted that long you must not clean much uph.

Do you have a store to try a few?

The SSpro has a locking trigger btw

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
:shifty:

Try them all. Just like wands it comes down to personal preference.

A lot depends on frequency of use and length of time you clean when using it. A good tool controls the solution used minimizing risk of damage. It also helps with production by reducing fatigue

If you clean a lot of upholstery buy the best you can afford. If you clean infrequently or just clean standard care fabrics buy a lower end tool and just replace the valve every few years.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've got the DM3. It's a good tool, my go to. They fixed the snaggletooth lips from the DM2.

There's no trigger and I like that. Set the "wheel" where you like it and go. Water is consistent and hot.

It hasn't been enough to make me enjoy upholstery cleaning but it's the best upholstery tool I've owned.

I wish I had the SS so I could compare side by side but the DM3 works well enough to keep me off the market.

Reactions: dealtimeman
Name
Jeff T
I've got the DM3. It's a good tool, my go to. They fixed the snaggletooth lips from the DM2.

There's no trigger and I like that. Set the "wheel" where you like it and go. Water is consistent and hot.

It hasn't been enough to make me enjoy upholstery cleaning but it's the best upholstery tool I've owned.

I wish I had the SS so I could compare side by side but the DM3 works well enough to keep me off the market.
Do you have the vac release Russ? Mikey's got me thinking about the SS uph pro..... I was looking @ vids on it, and I really like the features...... I just want something that works very well, and will last me a long time..... Love that it's clear, built in vac release, jetted or jetless, and it's small enough to get into those areas on uph. that we all hate to clean..... I'm not worried about price, I want performance and longevity over anything else.......

Reactions: Russ T.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
PMF clear head internal jet tool. Put a $30 needle valve from dultmeiers and you will have a $500 tool for only around $150

Reactions: SamIam

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Do you have the vac release Russ? Mikey's got me thinking about the SS uph pro..... I was looking @ vids on it, and I really like the features...... I just want something that works very well, and will last me a long time..... Love that it's clear, built in vac release, jetted or jetless, and it's small enough to get into those areas on uph. that we all hate to clean..... I'm not worried about price, I want performance and longevity over anything else.......
Sorry I just thought you bought the cheap copy that you were price conscience. The Sapphire Upholstery tool is the Primo tool. Light in weight you can clean all day with little fatigue. The dry feature allows you to safely clean standard & special care fabrics.
:cool:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Just going by the sheer number of guys who love their ss tool, I'd probably go with that one. It's going to be more nimble and light and probably make an already difficult task a little easier.

You wouldn't be making a horrible mistake with the DM3. We adapt to our tools and that is a worthy tool that would last you years with minimal care. It flushes well and the water is HOT and even at the source.

I believe the SS tool can probably boast the same things in a smaller, more nimble package. It seems like they are holding up too. I don't ever hardly see anyone say a bad word about them. Ive seen some pics with them gunked up with hair but every tool will do that.

I think Olson put an offer out for a free bag with embroidery if you buy from him. Some of those bags (mine) are junk and need reinforcement. I think I read somewhere that John would be taking care of that too.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
PMF clear head internal jet tool and put on a needle valve and you will have a $150 tool that rivals those overpriced $500 tools.

www.dultmeier.com
GE 3000-4SS Globe 1/4 x 1/4 stainless $30.01

I may be a dolt mikey but I don't own no man pussified SHITZU!
Do you carry it around like a baby too?

BE A MAN DAMN IT!

Mikey P

Administrator
Did ACE Hardware keep your deposit?

OE-ED35LP-EA_1.jpg

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I actually don't see anyhthing wrong with that clear tooland it should work, especially if you change the valve and the hose(looks like it will pop if pressure spikes)

Reactions: SamIam

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I actually don't see anyhthing wrong with that clear tooland it should work, especially if you change the valve and the hose(looks like it will pop if pressure spikes)
It works ok with a portable if you have low use. Nice and light weight. The head eventually comes unglued. The aluminium valve and jet will need replacement periodically with use. I would buy two and toss it as it goes bad. Why ook with it.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My Prochems tool hose didn't fight me as much as the SS tool.

But the SS tool cleans better dries faster is lighter.

There's no tool where you feel as thought you're not working. The bigger SS head covers more ground to.

Never tried the DM3, like Saiger's use of the rotovsc tool bought one it feels like it has more bite you, need the vac relief a lot more with it. It feels like it dries better then the Ss Tool.

Still I own 3 SS and one Rotovac.

Rotovac is for synthetic only for me.

Name
Jeff T
Well..... I took the plunge, and ordered the SS UP... The other day I limped through 1490$ worth of uph with my Mytee...... I own multiple tools..... I have the Mytee, I own an old Gen. 1 HM, have an external jet 3" PMF(just use it on car carpets), have a crevice tool, and a pair of ancient uph. tools that I got, when I bought a guys gear that went out of business. Like everyone, I hate doing uph. I need something that's fast, and does a great job, and dries fast.... Screw buying something that 'sort of works'.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom