Hydramaster in astrovan

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Friday, on my way to a $500 job my van lost all power on the freeway. I was able to pull over and get into a breakdown lane. Got towed to my mechanic but he doesn't work on weekends. This coming week, I am booked to the gills so I bought this old astrovan with a hydramaster 4.2 in it. $3500 but it was like a pig sty from the previous owner. However, it seems to run good with lots of vacuum, of course that was after cleaning the crudded up blower filter. It's starting to look a little better but still more work to do. When I tested it before buying, the revs came up as soon as you turned the unit on. Now at the shop, it won't. Any ideas? Blown fuse or breaker maybe? Using the stick on it now, any problems with that? It's a 2000 van.
IMG_20180527_144914.jpg
IMG_20180527_144904.jpg
IMG_20180527_144854.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Jeff T
Ron, I’ve got a truckmount guru that I know really well. He can answer most any question over the ph. If you are interested, I’ll P.M. you his direct line...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Did you check the vacuum hose leaks? Lots of time those hoses crack and leak, won't have the suction to the activate the advance. Unless it has pods.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ron, I’ve got a truckmount guru that I know really well. He can answer most any question over the ph. If you are interested, I’ll P.M. you his direct line...
Sure, sounds good
Did you check the vacuum hose leaks? Lots of time those hoses crack and leak, won't have the suction to the activate the advance. Unless it has pods.
Seems to leak at the vac relief under low rpm but seals tight until it reaches 14 inches, then the relief pops off. Thinking maybe something is loose on the pbrake sensor. I will bring it in for service when I get my other van back. Using a stick today

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ran great today, lots of vacuum with 225 ft of hose out. Ran for 3 hours straight with no overheating, melting or fires. Going to do the same tomorrow. My other van, apparently my computer is fried. My home computer is fried too. Gawd, I hate computers.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Ran great today, lots of vacuum with 225 ft of hose out. Ran for 3 hours straight with no overheating, melting or fires. Going to do the same tomorrow. My other van, apparently my computer is fried. My home computer is fried too. Gawd, I hate computers.
That is why we have sticks!!!!!!!

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That is why we have sticks!!!!!!!
Going to stick it again today. See if it works two days in a row. Get my other van back this afternoon so I can put the astro in for service. Sometimes I work just to put my mechanics kids through college. They gotta get an education somehow or else they'll end up a carpet cleaner

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Since you got that thing so cheap, does Hydramaster have a salsa heat exchanger that you can bolt on to the van's or blower's exhaust? It might be worth investing in

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom