HydraMaster slide in's

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
What's the deal on their slide in's, reliability, performance, support, availability of parts, can I work on them myself or is it over engineered and too complicated to work on myself.. Etc.

I've read some swear by them and their performance and reliability and others have tons of engine over heating issues that can not be diagnosed or fixed without a lot of unnecessary expense and/or downtime. I've also read where their support is outstanding and others say it's lackluster. Like most things you find on the internet, it's the extreme opposites; all great or all bad.

I'm specifically looking for info on used Titan 575 or 875's among some other machines like an Apex, 405, Everest, Thermal Wave, etc.

Appreciate you sharing experiences.

Capt Morgan

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
For those that said their support wasn't good...they're not telling you the whole story, or their local dealer that sold them the machine didn't give any support. I have first hand experience with how well they've supported their products, and I don't regret buying from them.

As for reliability, every manufacturer has a unit model that wasn't good. As for their current lineup of truck mounts, the Titan575 is what I have, and I love it. I've seen 575's that are neglected, and still working hard. And I've seen the one's that are polished weekly with awesome performance.

"Over engineered" is BS from another forum that was pushing garage built truck mounts back in 2007-2010. Anyone that can't do regular maintenance needs to stick to using portables, because maintaining any of the big named truck mounts is no problem, due to Professional engineering, not over engineering.

If you want to enjoy opening your van or trailer, a 575 is the way to go.

Don't ask Marty much about it. He'll be trading in his direct drive/Pto (whatever the difference is, I don't know or care), in about 5 years.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I think the 875 had issues so it is discontinued as far as I know. I have never heard anything bad about the 575 and my local Dealer...who has everything....swears that the 575 is the unit he has the least issues with as far as slide ins. Matt :oldrolleyes: would know since his 575 is getting swung around all day long in a trailer and still works for him.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Thanks for sharing your experience and opinion Matt and Bob.
I know there are always lemons here and there.
Is there a particular year I should avoid?
Bob, what were the specific issues the 875 had? If you know.
Matt do you dual wand? It's advertised as such but it's just a 47 blower..so I have doubts about that.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I've never dual wanded, so I can't answer that question. But it has dual ports so if both wands stay on the carpet, it's possible.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'm not a big fan of HM's smaller units.. Never worked on a Titan.

I am biased, I love my Prochems! Actually I really like the Kubota engine also.. For a small unit I would go with a Peak, very dependable(comparable to the 370, but liquid cooled).. The step up for better longevity would be the Apex or 570. My main truck mount now is an Apex with over 8,600 hours.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm not a big fan of HM's smaller units.. Never worked on a Titan.

I am biased, I love my Prochems! Actually I really like the Kubota engine also.. For a small unit I would go with a Peak, very dependable(comparable to the 370, but liquid cooled).. The step up for better longevity would be the Apex or 570. My main truck mount now is an Apex with over 8,600 hours.
How's your renewing of the Apex coming? Do you have any updated pics?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Not yet, I just need some more stuff powder coated, and throttle/choke cables ran.. If my old lady broke down I would have it in my van in a day or two. I really should have it ready so I could have it done in a day for sure..

This year has been crazy busy so far!! I'm really in no hurry, I need to find a van to put it in also. I'm looking for a Transit low roof with ecoboost 350.. The ecoboost seem to be rare to find used.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I actually I might have worked on a Titan(I thought it was a bigger engine).. Take a picture of the your electrical behind the front grill.. I chased down a bad factory wire crimp.. If it's the unit I'm thinking of, yes WAY too many wires!!

Able 1

Name
Keith
Nope I worked on a HM Maxx.. They no longer sell it.. That thing!!!

Back
Top Bottom