Hydroforce pumpup sprayer problem

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi,
I have a green Hydroforce 1/2 gal pumpup sprayer. They claim to make the best sprayers in the world but this desight doesn't have me jumping up and down. There is a large O ring gasket in the lid that is supposed to create the seal. The problem is that the gasket is so loose that it keeps falling out when i turn the lid over to screw it on. I sometimes use it with a prespray booster that is pretty hot and the rubber gets slippery. Then the gasket can actually fall into the container and then I can't get it out. That's a bad design.I called Hydroforce and they told me that I need to buy the whole rebuilt kit to get the gasket and that is almost as much as I paid for the sprayer. Not very good service there.Fortunately I have another 1/2 gal sprayer ( a Hudson ) that has a better design. I've been using that.But I really would like to also be able to use the Hydroforce again.
My question is: Is there a solution to that problem? I went to the hardware store to see if they might have a similar gasket but they didn't......How can I fix this thing?

Back
Top Bottom