I Can't Make These Things Up.... "CACA"

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
A customer of ours was picking up some parts and one of my people asked him where he buys his cleaning solutions.

He said he didn't buy any at all, and said he uses "CACA".

CACA, he explained, is "Customer Acquired Cleaning Agents". On commercial jobs, he raids the janitor closet or other cleaning supply areas. On residential jobs, he distracts the customer and takes whatever he can find from the laundry, kitchen or garage that might work.

He said he originally got the idea on a commercial job where there were actual carpet cleaning agents in the janitor closet. After that, he expanded his experiments to laundry and dish washing products, as well as any other available general purpose cleaner.

My employee was shocked. He tried to explain to the customer the issues of residue, resoiling, cleaning results etc. He was, of course, wasting his breath.

Little surprises me any longer.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
He uses what chems the clients have on hand and uses to clean carpets with? Such as glass cleaner or gojo?

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Being a building service contractor for 30 yrs., I have yet to see anything in a janitor closet that I would use on the carpets I service, unless I put them there. Even if it comes from a janitorial supply. Residential, that's just crazy town:redface:

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Customer said: We decided to hire you instead of our other guy because my sister was very happy with your service.
Me: who did u use before?
Customer: oh you wouldn't know him. He was our garbage man who decided open his own carpet cleaning company. Amazing man-- he used coke cola to remove stains from when our roof leaked.
Me: you mean he used a chemical that is also in coke?
Customer: no, I saw him pour the coke on the stains and he washed it out. Odd thing was that he was only in business for 2 months before giving up. Pity, He was such a nice man.
Yeah pity:oldrolleyes:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We had a TM come in for service. Our TM's have fresh water tanks.
Water was not being supplied to the pump from the fresh water tank.
We took the hose off and no water came out. Pulling the fitting off revealed the problem.
Tons of lint in the fresh water elbow.
When we confronted the tech, he admitted that he had run out of water and resorted to using some out of the recovery tank complete with lint from the cleaning.
Extracting/Cleaning with DIRTY water.

Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
We took the hose off and no water came out. Pulling the fitting off revealed the problem.
When we confronted the tech, he admitted that he had run out of water and resorted to using some out of the recovery tank complete with lint from the cleaning.

Wow. That beats mine Larry.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I had a customer that demanded to be the first person of the day because she thought we all reuse the same water all day and she didn't want dirty water being used to clean her carpet. Even after reassuring her of always using fresh water, I don't think she fully believed me that I had one tank for dirty water and one tank for fresh water.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
I had a customer that demanded to be the first person of the day because she thought we all reuse the same water all day and she didn't want dirty water being used to clean her carpet. Even after reassuring her of always using fresh water, I don't think she fully believed me that I had one tank for dirty water and one tank for fresh water.

I have had the same request for the same reason. Where do these people get these ideas?

Fabpro

Name
Raymond Fabrizio
Well now I've seen it all. Recycling waste water. If I hadn't seen the video I'd of thought it a joke

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom