I could have killed him.....

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Nice commercial job(4500 sq ft) today. All goes well until I lock the entrance key in the office by mistake. No big deal, I have phone numbers for two contacts. While looking for a phone, the helpers says. Do you have any pliers? He thought he would help by picking the lock. He broke the paper clip off in the lock. We are 45 miles from home. Well two trips home and 150 bucks to a lock smith, all is well. 270 miles of driving on a busy 4th.

Reactions: WillS and SamIam

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
a paper clip!?
why didn't you try ID or credit card 1st or similar thin flexible sheet of plastic?

Or the Locksmith could have saved you the extra trip and opened the door for you :headscratch: :hopeless:

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Locksmith wouldn't answer his phone, family party. The key had to be left in her office before I left. Went to locksmiths house, he told me how to take lock apart and bring him. Had to drill lock out and replace. Then drive back to reinstall before tomorow.

Reactions: Papa John
Name
Lee Stockwell
Locksmith wouldn't answer his phone, family party. The key had to be left in her office before I left. Went to locksmiths house, he told me how to take lock apart and bring him. Had to drill lock out and replace. Then drive back to reinstall before tomorow.
Did you inform management BEFORE all this?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I accidently locked my keys in my van as it was running. I was leaving my shop and got out to lock the gate and some how pushed down the lock button. Had to call the wife at work and have her send the spare key by taxi.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I once locked myself outside a 2nd story garden of a customer's house and no one was home to let me back in. Was able to climb a hedge and get to the ledge of the 2nd story. I had to jump down to freedom.
my body stopped but my "boys" kept going-- I was wearing boxers not a jock--boy that hurt and made me nauseous. :oldrolleyes: :lol:

Been locked in Secure basement garages a few times also. :eekk:

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Yes, town clerk was informed before and after. 18 years old, his third year with me. He is going to college to become a police officer.

Name
Nate W.
Yes, town clerk was informed before and after. 18 years old, his third year with me. He is going to college to become a police officer.

You'd have a problem if he wanted to become a locksmith... Tell him to stop watching James Bond movies...

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
The bend in the paper clip went in between two tumblers. No way for the locksmith to even pick the lock. Had to drill tumbles out and replace to match key.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

rick imby

Name
Rick
I hired a guy to do some odd work... Burned out the clutch in the truck he borrowed, Broke the lawn mower he borrowed---broke my gas can---yup... If it ain't broke it soon will be...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom