I did 24 flow on residential today

G

Today I did a residential job with 24 flow. I noticed more heat and way quicker. I didn't hook up the lie detector but could hear it. The carpets were still dry when I was done with the air path.

I normally clean at 600 psi but turned it down to 400. Normally 400 psi would not feel like enough to me but you could see tons of water with the high flow jets.

I had the truck set at 250 degrees. Same as last night the numbers I posted were with the truck set at 250 degrees.

Dave

-JB-

Name
JB
You shouldn't need pressure when ya got flow.

Would be interested to see the difference in GPM between 600-400-200 psi, any of you fellers wanna check that out? Ron?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
how does the 24 flow work on the 100% Polyester PET, PTT ,POS
has anyone had good results on this crap carpet

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
If 6 flow is about 1.5 gallon per minute, then would 24 flow be 6 gallons per minute?

Will the pump even pump that much? Will 1/4 inch solution hose even carry that much water? Will the pressure stay up? How many machines can deliver high heat that fast? Has anyone actually measured the water flow per minute at 24 flow?

Agree flow and heat rocks. That Ti wand no doubt covers twice the area per stroke than a steam way wand, though I would give the edge on heat to the steam way wand due to design characteristics. Most of the cleaning on the steam way wand is centered, so requires an overlap, but the cleaning is wow at the middle with one jet close to carpet and fully enclosed in a heat chamber. More flow out of that single jet than a 4 flow jet of a 24 flow wand.

Which is better, a Greeny 5 jet wand or a Ti 6 jet wand?

Loren

Name
Jesse
You guys have missed other related posts in the past. You may want to search flow. I can't speak for every wand but on a ti you cant get anymore water at 500psi with 24 or 18 without changing the wand plumbing. Our ti bucket tested nearly the same at 12 as 18. But 18 cleans much better due to the reduction in atomization (MY guess there). With my ti at 18 set to 700 psi it puts nearly the same amount (2 gal) at 1000 psi. It's the restriction in the wand. 500 psi was 1.7 gal and 400 was 1.5 ish if I remember right.

Name
Jesse
With 18 on a ti we get about 4hrs of single wanding out of 130 gal waste tank. That's only .54 gpm of recovery but doesn't account for off\on duty cycle or moving hoses. I use recovery because prespraying can lose lots of water if your a flooder and spraying large areas. Condition of the carpet and # of strokes and overlap also make huge differences. Last week we recovered 260 gallons from 18,000 sqft @500psi. Today on a different job 110-120 gal from 12,000 sqft @500psi. Both of those were commercial.

harryhides

Name
Tony
For what its worth, I tested two different wands off the same machine - same RPM, same psi, etc.

Two 03 jets = 1.5 gal per min
Five 02 jets = 1.25 gal per min

Smaller jets with same pressure equals less flow, even though total orifice size was greater.

G

Jim,

I have never had a problem with a polyester carpet aven with 06 flow. Polyesters clean up great. They love heat.

Dan, I haven't looked at the tank. I have no idea how much water I used. On a slow day I will test for water flow.

Dave

Matt King

Tony, did you do any other testing with jet sizes? A total flow# of 6 uses More water than a total flow # of 10? That's interesting... Provided the plumbing was equal and the jets weren't worn out, I'm curious to find out why . Maybe Greenie has played around with this too.. I use my 2 jet wand more than my 6 jet wand just because I think it flushes the carpet better with my given heat capability. They're both jetted w/06 jetting. I'll have to see if the 2 jet is actually using more water? Maybe later today I'll test it out....

harryhides

Name
Tony
Matt, no other testing yet. But my theory is that with the pressure regulator set at 500psi in both cases the 02's will cause the regulator to kick in sooner than the 06's. Or put another way the smaller jets will create more back pressure than the 06's causing the rest of the pumps output to loop back into the pump.

Make sense ?

We all know that there is a relationship between pressure and gals per minute but there is also a relationship between jet orifice size (both individual and combined) and pressure.

In any testing we do, we need to factor in ALL of the relevant numbers

Mikey P

Administrator
Have you ever ran a TI with out the jets on?
Surprising how little water comes out really.

If you look at the internal diameters on the fittings you have to think we've reached a limit.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
same question I've asked before.

At what point is the carpet clean?
At what point is more water flow just "more"?

Some else mentioned that its not necessarily the "total" jets, but the flow per inch of wand. Any credibility to this?

harryhides

Name
Tony
Dave Rampage said:
Tony,
6 04's should flow a lot more than 2 03's
Dave

Test it for yourself Dave but not backwards as you have it above with more AND larger jets.
Of course 6 04's (24) will flow more than 2 03's (6)

But try comparing 6 03's (18) to 2 05's (10) and see which set up gives more flow - I'm guessing the 2 05's.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom