I did a job for a lady

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
today that had 11 AKA Yellow Labs. She was very happy with the carpet job and said " Take your pick"

We named him MAX The Mother and Father are trained Cop dogs and very easy going. One sniffs out drugs ( Mother I guess she wasn't good at it and only lasted one year ) and the other ( Father ) is a retired K9. Plays with kids at the handicap school. I think he will be a great dog. I have always had Labs. They train easy and have been great. I have had a Black and a Chocolate but never a Yellow Lab. They seem less hyper. She is selling them for $500. I can't believe she just gave it to me!

MAX.jpg

Lonny

Supportive Member
I grew up with labs- great family dogs. Mine had a taste for the meter reader- hehe.

Becker

Name
Becker
Labs, are the best dogs.

I have a chocolate now. ( Kona )

Great family pets, hunting partners.

Awesome tip!

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Yes I have had lots of tips but never this good.

My Chocolate lab died after 14 years. We were sad. He was the only dog my kids knew.

Becker

Name
Becker
Here is a tip for you.

Labs have a oily skin.
That along with web feet, and a tail that acts as a rutter make them great water dogs.

Save your carpet.. While the dog is a puppy get it a basket.
1115.jpg

Not only will it keep the hair somewhat confined, but labs tend to lay half way on their bed, and 1/2 off.
In a basket they stay in.. with less contact with the carpet.

I can always tell when a client has a lab.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Congrats! That is probably the best tip I have heard of! I'm jealous now!! :lol:

John Watson

Adam, I know why she gave it to you, I also believe most here know also.

Congrats to you and the family,

It is just because you are you,

Thanks for being my friend...

DRScrivner

Lonny said:
I grew up with labs- great family dogs. Mine had a taste for the meter reader- hehe.
Not funny bro I was a Meter Reader for 4 years. My ass don't taste like chicken, like waaaaay too many dogs thought.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Becker said:
Here is a tip for you.

Labs have a oily skin.
That along with web feet, and a tail that acts as a rutter make them great water dogs.

Save your carpet.. While the dog is a puppy get it a basket.
1115.jpg

Not only will it keep the hair somewhat confined, but labs tend to lay half way on their bed, and 1/2 off.
In a basket they stay in.. with less contact with the carpet.

I can always tell when a client has a lab.

thats funny, cuz our old lab did that to....laid half on half off.. had to put her down after 6.5 found as a stray...talked about it in jimbos thread...

Ernie G

Thats great Adam, beautiful dog, I have two myself, they will be six on christmas day. My female sits in a desk chair next to my desk, labs are great dogs.

Walt

Beautiful pup Adam. Best tip ever!

6 years ago I got a free AKC puppy from a pet clinic that I cleaned on a regular basis. They were just looking for a good home.

Here's Mabel

G

Cool dog!

My wife rescued a Golden Retriever from a man next to the church last year. He was hitting it and kicking it and cussing at it all the time. One day when my wife almost caught him kicking the dog she told him that any time he's ready to get rid of the dog she would be happy to take her. I told her I didn't want another dog right now! :x The next day my wife came home with the dog, her and the kids named her 'Hope', it seemed like a pretty good name considering the circumstances. We discovered that the puppy had a hole in her neck so we ran her the vet. The vet asked some weird questions as to where we got the dog and how long we had her. The vet said that it appeared that someone had actually stabbed the dog in the neck. NICE! They patched her up and gave us a good percentage off the bill; they said it was nice of us to take the dog into our home because not many people would be willing to do so. I really didn't want the dog. :| I told the wife to find a different home for it and she 'said' that she would. She didn't! :x
We were able to keep the dog for about 8-9 months. It pretty much followed me around every where and stared at me all the time. Sometimes she would jump up on the couch and get on my lap and rest her head on my chest, kinda like a hug or something.

Hope and I did finally make friends and got along pretty good. We all loved her and spoiled her, but it became more and more evident that the abuse from her first owner had taken it's toll on her brain. She became very aggressive and eventually bit a 75 year old CC buddy of mine about a month ago. We had to have her put down, sadly we didn't realize it had been scheduled on her 1st year birthday. I let her sniff around like crazy and play in the snow for 15-20 minutes before we took her inside to have it done. I don't let the kids talk about her around me. I miss her.

Any way, that's a pretty good tip ya got there. Hope it brings you and your family years of joy!

G

Bob, I took her in to the vet so she could could go peacefully. I just couldn't do it.
I suppose you would just let your little doggy continue to suffer with brain damage and allow it to bite people. What a responsible pet owner you are. :roll:

Walt, great looking dog you got there.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Josh...yor so easy.......
Remember when Gurkinky came to visit me.......that was the week-end that i had to put down my Cody....a little Peke that i loved so much....had major kidney failure!

i still cry.......

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
2 tips that worked for me
Put some bells on the door you take the dog out to do his business. Every time he has to go , you ring the bells. In 2 weeks he will ring the bells to go.
Start him pooping in weeds or on leaves or in the woods. He will never poop on your lawn ever.
One more-clean your carpets and put lots on dupont teflon on them now.
Mine is a yellow lab named cheddar

Walt

Josh said:
Cool dog!

My wife rescued a Golden Retriever from a man next to the church last year. He was hitting it and kicking it and cussing at it all the time. One day when my wife almost caught him kicking the dog she told him that any time he's ready to get rid of the dog she would be happy to take her. I told her I didn't want another dog right now! :x The next day my wife came home with the dog, her and the kids named her 'Hope', it seemed like a pretty good name considering the circumstances. We discovered that the puppy had a hole in her neck so we ran her the vet. The vet asked some weird questions as to where we got the dog and how long we had her. The vet said that it appeared that someone had actually stabbed the dog in the neck. NICE! They patched her up and gave us a good percentage off the bill; they said it was nice of us to take the dog into our home because not many people would be willing to do so. I really didn't want the dog. :| I told the wife to find a different home for it and she 'said' that she would. She didn't! :x
We were able to keep the dog for about 8-9 months. It pretty much followed me around every where and stared at me all the time. Sometimes she would jump up on the couch and get on my lap and rest her head on my chest, kinda like a hug or something.

Hope and I did finally make friends and got along pretty good. We all loved her and spoiled her, but it became more and more evident that the abuse from her first owner had taken it's toll on her brain. She became very aggressive and eventually bit a 75 year old CC buddy of mine about a month ago. We had to have her put down, sadly we didn't realize it had been scheduled on her 1st year birthday. I let her sniff around like crazy and play in the snow for 15-20 minutes before we took her inside to have it done. I don't let the kids talk about her around me. I miss her.

Any way, that's a pretty good tip ya got there. Hope it brings you and your family years of joy!

I'm sorry you had to do that. A tough decision to make no doubt.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Lyman said:
2 tips that worked for me
Put some bells on the door you take the dog out to do his business. Every time he has to go , you ring the bells. In 2 weeks he will ring the bells to go.
Start him pooping in weeds or on leaves or in the woods. He will never poop on your lawn ever.
One more-clean your carpets and put lots on dupont teflon on them now.
Mine is a yellow lab named cheddar

in the woods??? we aint no hill billy... :lol: :lol:

Nice dog. Grew up around labs. That will be the next dog I get. I am going to train him/her to fetch ducks. I currently deer hunt, but have been thinking pretty hard about getting into duck hunting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom