I find it amusing

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I truly find it amusing how many truck mount professional carpet cleaners now have low moisture, very low moisture or dry compound cleaning equipment as standard equipment in their vehicles today.

10 - 20 years ago, they would never have entertained the idea.

The truck mount was King.

Anything else was just swirling the dirt.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
21st century! Most have figured out they don’t want to be a one trick pony.
Like Chevez says about a porty : This ain’t Dodge City, and you ain’t Bill Hickok. I said I had no use for one, not I couldn’t one.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Steve Lawrence
Why are my Cimex customers so thrilled with their cleaning, more so than when we steamed it? And why does the clean appearance last longer?

Some of us like to use what makes our customers happiest.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
VLM chems have come a long way. The encapsulants now are very impressive. Encap has saved my butt on some jobs where I could not get to water, parking, or the sqft'age just didn't make sense to break out all the equipment. I did one the other day where an apartment manager asked me to clean a carpet in an apartment that had a hot water heater flood. I walked in and there were two meth heads on a couch smoking cigarettes. The place has two little chihuahuas and the UV light showed piss everywhere. I encapped it because I knew the landlord would not pay for the urine work needed and HWE would have made it wick and spell worse. So, encap to the rescue. It took out all the browning of the flood damage and removed the yellowing of the urine. Plus I got out of the smoke infested hell hole quickly.

Am I proud....... no.... But everyone was happy and I was able to get home and go swimming.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Tom Forsythe

We all know that extraction is a better cleaning, but encapuslation is an easier cleaning and the results are better that you would think. I remember the first time I did encapsulation cleaning and was blown away by how easy it was to make a difference in the short term. When we first introduced encapsulation cleaning I only cleaned my carpet in the house with this method. I did this for 5 years and replaced all of the carpet as this was our plan. At the end of the cycle, the carpets would only have an acceptable appearance for a couple of weeks instead of a couple of months. For commercial carpet I think both methods should be utilized, but for residential extraction should be the primary method (pets and kids are reason). At 62, I am done with doing extraction myself but I will probably buy the 10" Brush Pro when I retire and will be able to use as long as I can walk.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'm picking on Shorty because he's a good guy and always up for some picking. There's definitely a place for using the method; encap is an acceptable appearance management method that should be used along with a soil removal method.

"Steve Lawrence, post: 4586570, member: 40219"]Why are my Cimex customers so thrilled with their cleaning, more so than when we steamed it?
Residual shampoo left in the carpet reflects light for an appearance of being cleaner.

And why does the clean appearance last longer?
Residual shampoo...

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
We all know that extraction is a better cleaning, but encapuslation is an easier cleaning and the results are better that you would think. I remember the first time I did encapsulation cleaning and was blown away by how easy it was to make a difference in the short term. When we first introduced encapsulation cleaning I only cleaned my carpet in the house with this method. I did this for 5 years and replaced all of the carpet as this was our plan. At the end of the cycle, the carpets would only have an acceptable appearance for a couple of weeks instead of a couple of months. For commercial carpet I think both methods should be utilized, but for residential extraction should be the primary method (pets and kids are reason). At 62, I am done with doing extraction myself but I will probably buy the 10" Brush Pro when I retire and will be able to use as long as I can walk.

I am about to head out for a vacation with my family. See everyone in 10 days. Until then @Tom Forsythe , I appoint you to represent Bridgepoint chemistry and Interlink Supply in my absence.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks for the replies. :headscratch:

I love to stir the mud a little bit. :marty:

I'm lucky in that being short for my weight, all mud thrown at me goes right over my head. :lol::lol:

Maybe a more appropriate question would be, How many operators NOW, DON'T HAVE, another form of cleaning apart from HWE?? :stir:

The rules maybe different down under, but there are many places now where it is impossible to use a truck mount, and also not practical to use a porty.

I have half promised myself that I'll get a 10" CRB before I turn 75. :razz:

:yoda::arrrr:

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
encapping a cafe this arvo because no relible water source and I dont have a fresh tank.. and I refuse to get a tank for the few jobs a year it would get used

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We own 8 Cimex's 2 Orbots & a Vibe...but we're not really committed to Encap. :winky:

20180606_103034.jpg

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I wanna be #biglikeyousomeday. I wanna be somebody. I only have #1cimex, and no orbot. Running out of time at 67 though.

Never let it be said.

I sold my second Cimex at 71, still have my original + Sprayborg.

How do you keep cool when using a Cimex for 12-16 hours with no a/c or ceiling fans??

I have a Ryobi battery operated fan that I strap on to the top of my solution tank.

Got another large job this arvo with no a/c or ceiling fans.

I'll post some other pics when I'm on the job.

upload_2018-6-30_12-41-2.png

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's appearance management.

Combined with HWE you can improve the appearance level beyond either single system.

There is a difference in chems too. We recently cleaned with a "free" sample of a new encap product here in our office. It looked better but not to the level we achieve with our regular product. Used our regular product the following day and results improved dramatically.

Used brand name top end products. Don't skimp over pennies.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Just extracted a nursery carpet that we’ve been maintaining with low moisture and it was spotted from bottle spills. Did the regular extraction routin, pre spray, scrub, extract with zipper because I can. Pleasantly surprised the water wasn’t nearly as dirty as expected.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I hope zerorez doesn't report me to the carpet cops! I just finished smearing dirt all over a cafe floor and they're right my encap had keep out of the reach of children written on it :shifty:

Reactions: Nomad74
Name
Steve Lawrence
I'm picking on Shorty because he's a good guy and always up for some picking. There's definitely a place for using the method; encap is an acceptable appearance management method that should be used along with a soil removal method.

Residual shampoo left in the carpet reflects light for an appearance of being cleaner.

Residual shampoo...
Ha, thanks--but my questions were rhetorical. I knew that stuff as you probably guessed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom