Name
Willy P
The never ending "sale".

image3351.jpg

Becker

Name
Becker
Well, You could live here.

Coit blasts the radio and newspapers with 40% off. Last week so call today, Until the next week.

I think they have been running 40% off for the 8 Years Ive been around here.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
5 rooms and a hall for $109 but has a max of 1000sq, I suppose the living room probably counts as 2 rooms. Without moving furniture that is less then 45 minutes with a 2 person crew to spit and vac

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
What most people don't understand is low price is king on products (as far as just getting it sold) BUT NOT ON SERVICES. Even on product you want to last you have to pay more.

The people that I market to understand this (or at least the people I am trying to market to) and will want a better service and pay for it.

Still MOST people don't get it....that's why I get 5 price shoppers to every 1 Value driven custy.

Those ads put a bad taste in someone's mouth when they use it and realize they just got screwed.
Whether it be from a crappy job because they didn't pay enough, or the guy came in and jacked the price up just to "clean" the carpets.

"You get what you pay for" is an old term that is still used for a reason.

Ever buy peice of furniture from Walmart...wobley and the thing falls apart in about 3 months.

Buy it from a nice furniture store and you have it for years.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
People who earned a Lot of money and people who have little money spend it differently as well.
Someone who earned a Lot of money will want to get that value so they don't have to spend their money again sooner on the same thing they just purchased. That's why they have money in the first place because they planned ahead.

Someone with little money will want the cheapest way out not realizing that they are taking a chance of spending double later on. They will by three cheap tv's over a period of 5 years instead of buying one good one that will last that and longer.
cheap tv is $300.00
Good tv is $700.00 just as an example.
Cheap spent $900.00 and Value spent $700.00 and had a nicer tv longer.

Same with cars and most other purchases.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Brian- these two posts you posted are awesome! Now if you could make those points in less then 45 seconds, and your psospect is able to understand it, you could win over a lot of price shoppers! Sadly, a huge percentage of price shoppers will never grasp the idea.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
What you DON'T see- travel charges, waste handling fee and a constant upsell.

More of the same:

coupon.jpg

Name
Ron lippold
it seems to me that we all buy our jobs i choose to buy the jobs that pay more. why advertise price its their own fault

The Preacher

Steve in Omaha said:
[quote="Willy P":xxfexpj2]The never ending "sale".

image3351.jpg

Does not wearing a tie make one a hack?[/quote:xxfexpj2]

NO.

but a ponytail makes you a Joey Pee wanna be!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

I am not knocking Sears in any way with this post. They used to have a franchise in Memphis about 15-20 years ago, but it closed down. That was almost a decade before I ever even had the first thought about getting a carpet cleaned or doing it for a living. Well someone opened a franchise here again and it was strange to see a Sears Carpet Cleaning van in this hood. This guy was getting some work done on his machine. It was a modified Everest 650 (same machine just different look). I looked inside his van and it was a hot mess. Pitiful I say. Now for the meat of this post. Sears bought out K Mart a few years back and is now Sears Holdings. The stock price 1.5 years ago was 190 dollars and was being touted as a great buy. When was the last time you shopped at Sears or K-Mart? The stock got hit hard and has recently made a slight comeback mostly from short squeezes. This company is going bankrupt just like Circuit City and many others. I tried shorting the stock a while back when it was in the 80 dollar range but there were no available shares to short. That is insane. Everyone betting on the company's demise. A lot of people lost money when the stock would shoot up, but the business model is broken. Someone might offer to buy the company out becasue it would be a great company to restructure and turn around. I just don't see how bankruptcy can be avoided when you are spending a lot more money than you are taking in compared to Wal Mart, Target, Kohls, Best Buy and Costco. I will feel sorry for all the Sears franchise owners when the company does go bankrupt in this dead ass economy. Sears has sucked for years. They are a dinosaur fixing to go extinct.

diamond brian

I agree. The Sears name is losing value daily. Sears sells to old people and Craftsman tool buyers--period. Hell, even Kenmore buyers now realize that Whirlpool is the same appliance.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Notice the house packages are getting smaller.
Nationwides is only "4" rooms and a hall, NO stairs.

In 92 when I worked for the BAY, a pkg was 5rms, 12 stairs and hall. For $89!!
Hasn't really gone up much in 17yrs!

Didn't Sears have a Gold SOA rating? Their fabulous "2 Step" method. Prespray - Rinse.

Mike West always ran an ad that offered 20-40% off. 20% off if they moved the small stuff and all you had to move was a sofa and chair etc, 40% off if it was open area cleaning ie no moving furniture. He ran it all the time, just adjusted his price to make what he needed to make, sort of like Coit. Only Coit gives a "40%off effort" kind of job

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've subbed out to Sears before in a pinch..they did well but I probably didn't keep the customer because they market really well. I just needed the job done and it was out of state so I didn't have a chance to find an O/O.

Anyway back to topic.

The people who priceshop are the same people who buy all the BS diet pills that tell you that you will lose belly fat and have a nice ass or whatever.

They dream of getting something that is too good to be true...they fall for it and companies prey on that.

These deuche bags that advertise incredibly low prices don't want to go into your home and do what they are advertising. They want to "upsale"...(I use that term losely)...so they can actually make money.

Even Mr. Murdock says he gets a lot of upholstery when he works.
Yes, the idea is to make as much money as you can when you are in a home but who are you hurting??

The industry...by making is hard for anyone to do honest work..or at the very least having to put up with scabby custys calling trying to get "the other guys deal".

The consumer...by making them think they are getting something for nothing and screwing them.

The Employee etc....for having him in the home and scaming ("upselling") customers or he doesn't get paid enough...he depends on deception to making him a crappy person...learned habits.

The O/O...the guy who just wants to get paid what he is worth...he has to explain why he charges more and that takes away valuable time that he could be cleaning another job.

I tell people all the time...we have honest prices and do honest work.

How hard is that?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
and this is where free enterprise comes in.
If you are able to explain to a custy the difference, or if they've had the other type before and are aware of the difference already, then you can take your time and blow their socks off (JB better just take it easy at this point or they'll be taking more than their socks off :wink: ) and you've taken one custy out of the the herd and have a client.

Sears and Nationwide are probably my best sales force. I hear all the time when I explain I'm slower, "Oh Yes, we've heard you take you time, thats why we called!"

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Sears must be doing something right. I was at my suppliers and a new Everest was being put in a van for them. And there was 3 more behind it with an equal number of pallets, although I'm not sure who they were aimed for as the trucks weren't wrapped. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Why consumers can not figure out that 5 rooms and a hallway for 99.95 is not a great deal when it is for a room size 168 sq ft or smaller and that is for open areas only. So in reality it is for two rooms and a hall when you count the living area and dinning area as 4 areas plus one bedroom. Well mam your room is larger than our 12x14 minimum and we are only hitting the traffic areas around the bed so I will have to count this as two rooms. On the other hand if people are grossing 800k with this philosophy I might need to change strategies.

CleanEvo

If you call them and are able to stick to just the "special" they advertise... they'll be in and out so quick that if you blink you'll miss them.

Back
Top Bottom