I have a dream....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
every time I drive past this place I think about how nice it would be if I could set this place up and cater to the cleaners here in town...this town could use some really good service..

Unknown-7.png

this is an old car dealer ship that I use to do...it has been vacant now for about 2 years...
at the bottom of the building is a really nice mechanics bay....

machines set up on display...and more then enough parking area for different machines and vans/trucks to be set up and fully equipped from the W4500's all the way to sprinters if needed...

fully line of...
equipment..
chemicals...
tools...
machines..
complete service...
training classes....
maybe even a janitorial supplies....
and more then enough room to support a MF every now and then...

F

FB7777

Catering to the avg local carpet cleaning in any market is like starting a Financial Advisor service that caters only to the poor and homeless

You'd have better success being an Internet Storefront drop ship supplier

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Fred Boyle said:
Catering to the avg local carpet cleaning in any market is like starting a Financial Advisor service that caters only to the poor and homeless

Though, no doubt, Jim would be great at it, Fred nailed it.

Knowing Jim though, he knows that Carpet cleaners are a PITA and would find ways to make it a viable and expand the clientele base.

By that time he'd be likely to miss the good all times when life was simple and all he had to do was clean carpets :p

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Fred Boyle said:

I could make this work on so many different levels....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jim Martin said:

i don't doubt that Jim.
I recognized you as "go getter" shortly after you show'd up on ICS years ago.
i think i even commented back then that you'd be a "star" one day

I won't say "go for it" , cause I don't reckon the grass is any greener over any other septic tank.
But I'm sure your crippled back would appreciate you getting off the truck !gotcha!

with your work-a-holic lifestyle and knowledge of the trade and equipment ,(and you must have some biz management sense or you wouldn't be where you're at today) if anyone could make it happen, you could.

in about 5 years hire me to run the garage ...I'm tired of winters here ...
and the garage will be air conditioned in the summer, right :lol:

..L.T.A.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. That's what my late grandpa said to me 8 yrs ago.

Don't buy yet cause obviously it wont sale.

I have often thought about just a repair shop here. Don't have the space but there is plenty to work on here for sure. Based on the looks of some rigs here all I need is some wire and duct tape.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
BradFenstermaker said:
Based on the looks of some rigs here all I need is some wire and duct tape.

they can't afford that either ...or they'd already "installed" the bailing twine and "hillbilly chrome" :lol:

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I can see it now that the lot would be filled with used vans and equipment refurbished or on consignment. Larry would be the mechanic and I would be the guy dressed in a KLOWN oufit holding a sign "Buy here, Pay here" standing out by the street.

Then you could have Mikey dressed in a FRANKENSTEIN outfit strolling the lot handing out balloons to all the little kids.

Or how about Lee riding his lawnmower around like the shriners?

Fred could be a miniMIKEY along with BooBY FosTer!

Don't do it Jim it will suck the life out of you.

Instead open up a hot dog cart for the lunch crowd.

John Watson

Jim I too have seen what you have done with your equipment. I would place you and your work on the same level as Young Jim and Gary B from down under, simply beautimus.

But like them coming to the US to set up shop I don't think cause you build it they will come, oh sure a few maybe but the what I know of this industry it would not be the way to wealth. But a part time special order type set up might be more better but others have tried it somewhat to no avail.

Best of luck what ever you try

Jim if I were you I would definitely consider buying that location to run your business and to gain exposure.

The supply shop can come later.

You wouldn't even need to change your business plan at first.

Buy the location at a steal and use it to clean rugs. That corner location will get a lot of visibility so put up some catchy signs.

Hire someone to run your truck and later on you can focus on the supply shop.

I'm getting ready to do something similar.

You have to look at this as an investment.

Don't buy it unless you are getting a steal.

I wouldn't do a lease.

Chris A

Name
Chris
And for Gods sake Jim, don't take any advice from somebody 20 years younger than you who has no idea wtf their talking about...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
AdamHale said:
Man would you have a HUGE EYE OPENER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not wired that way....instant gratification is not my style...

never go into anything with your eyes wide closed....

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Erskine Allin said:
[quote="Jim Martin":3l9t4un4]

..L.T.A.[/quote:3l9t4un4]

Hmm...............so you'd exchange the crazy Ohio winters with the crazy Arizona summers?
Kind of reminds me of the picture above, Larry :p

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ofer Kolton said:
[quote="Erskine Allin":5ii6vjlj][quote="Jim Martin":5ii6vjlj]

..L.T.A.[/quote:5ii6vjlj]

Hmm...............so you'd exchange the crazy Ohio winters with the crazy Arizona summers?
Kind of reminds me of the picture above, Larry :p[/quote:5ii6vjlj]

If Larry were to come and run my shop.....he can have his own personal A/C unit...ammo reloading bay for when times are slow and a personal shooting range out back...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jim Martin said:
If Larry were to come and run my shop.....he can have his own personal A/C unit...ammo reloading bay for when times are slow and a personal shooting range out back...

did you sign the deed yet....

..L.T.A.

jeff healey said:
[quote="Chris Adkins":32bglkjt]And for Gods sake Jim, don't take any advice from somebody 20 years younger than you who has no idea wtf their talking about...

LOFLMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote:32bglkjt]

Cool I'm the board dumb ass :lol:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Jim Martin said:

Wow, Larry needs an assistant for sure!

F

FB7777

I feel like I'm listening in on a teenage treehouse conversation between Ralph Malph, Potsie and Arthur FOnzerelli about opening a motorcycle shop so they can attract chicks shiteatinggrin :evil:

The operating overhead including borrowed debt would likely approach what you gross in your business now as an owner op :shock: :shock: :twisted:

If you have enough leverage to purchase the property and the required inventory and renovations might I suggest securing the loan, drive to Vegas and put the whole amount down on red or black at the Roulette Wheel :evil: shiteatinggrin !gotcha!

The good news is you could double your money :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The better news is that you could go bust instantly and save yourself all the sweat equity of going bust over an extended period of time trying to make it off carpet cleaners :mrgreen: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Harper on Fred's computer

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If you don't over think it to much.....it is really no different from what I am doing now....

It's just on a different level.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom