I have this WOMAN customer ...

hogjowl

Idiot™
who calls me to strip and refinish the floors (and clean the carpets) in the commercial establishment where she is the manager. I hate stripping and waxing floors. However, since I am not as successful as the rest of you rocket scientists, I always take her work. I hate is so much that I have slowly gone up on her price over the years to the point where I am really making good money doing her work ... but I still hate it. The place is filthy with red mud ground into the tile and it is a pita to strip well ... much less get a good look to the finish.

She called me a couple weeks ago to schedule her work to be done tomorrow. I got my son to come home from college to help me do the floor.

She just called me to reschedule because it's going to be raining tomorrow!

Last time I checked, her roof didn't leak.

Pisses me off ...

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Some customers just do not understand that we can work in ANY weather!

I got my son to come home from college to help me do the floor.....

My son is home from college also. I could not even talk him into helping me do his high school band directors home! Pisses me off ...

hogjowl

Idiot™
Mine was that way up until about six months ago. Something happened to him that changed his mind about cleaning carpets. I have no idea what it was, but whatever it was has made a new kid out of him.

Reactions: BLewis

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I don't guess you want to talk about why you hate stripping/waxing floors but I will say I did too until I got the right gear. If you're interested I can point out some stuff that might help but if you're not I will leave you alone.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Last time I checked, her roof didn't leak.
LOL
How have you ever made it this far in the customer service business? You're in a business that say's "kick me for money" and then you're surprised when you're kicked.

The bar must have been set really low when you were at Auburn! :icon_razz:

I really hate floors but like you it's hard to turn them down if they are willing to pay your price. I've got to drive in more WDR work so we can say no to floors again! :winky:

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I usually tell them I have the truck loaded, products mixed and special labor required all set up and ready to go.
So it's tomorrow or never. I don't value a customer that doesn't value my time or service.

hogjowl

Idiot™
No, I wanted something for him to do today, so I hated she rescheduled.

And ... it didn't rain a drop today.

I HOPE SHE'S HAPPY!

Ken, I hate stripping floors because of the edging. Getting down on my hands and knees to edge sucks, and don't suggest I get a doodle bug because they don't work well.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
No, I wanted something for him to do today, so I hated she rescheduled.

And ... it didn't rain a drop today.

I HOPE SHE'S HAPPY!

Ken, I hate stripping floors because of the edging. Getting down on my hands and knees to edge sucks, and don't suggest I get a doodle bug because they don't work well.

I bet your more upset because now you have to do it yourself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I don't guess you want to talk about why you hate stripping/waxing floors but I will say I did too until I got the right gear. If you're interested I can point out some stuff that might help but if you're not I will leave you alone.

i don't know about pork chop but I would like that info please. We've already gotten another call for an estimate on yet another vCt job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom