"I have to get 3 bids.."

Mikey P

Administrator
and I was number two.
I was up against SS and a local 3 trucker.

I'll get the job if the tenant has her way.

Now get this, the local tech TOLD HER that " I won't be able to get all of the dirt out cause it's so bad and it's gonna be soaking wet for at least 48hours."

:shock:

The place was a wreck. I doubt in 30 years it was ever cleaned or vacuumed for that matter.
The Soaker bid at .20, I went .70 and I'm sure SS had a coupon for $169.

I guess honesty is the best policy in his company

Tile Nerd

Mikey P said:
Now get this, the local tech TOLD HER that " I won't be able to get all of the dirt out cause it's so bad and it's gonna be soaking wet for at least 48hours."

Now that's a HACK!

Mikey P

Administrator
I believe in myself and I know we the best at what we do even though I do things differently and everything.

and everything.

TimP

Bob if you lived where Mikey lives you definitely wouldn't have a place to sleep if you worked for that price.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Even with the mighty AT I still occasionally carry and use a vacuum.
We love the Eureka 4D for a lot of reasons, and only dislike the fact that the foam type filters need to be cleaned very often.

Here is the PR on the Vac:

Superior Cleaning and Filtration
Nothing captures more dust on more surfaces around the house
RugSaver Electronic Speed Control System
Move from carpet to bare floors to area rugs with the on / off and variable speed electronic brushroll controls.
Electrostatic Spin Duster
Cleans furniture, lamps and blinds
Power Paw Turbo Brush
On board to easily clean upholstery, stairs and pet hair with Wide Track
Superior Filtration
Washable Filter System with Easy Empty Dust Cup
Dust Trap . . .
captures more dust with the Sealed HEPA Filter System
Lifetime COG belt and Looped handle
for even more convenient cleaning
Protect your furniture and hard floors
with the deluxe furniture guard and non-marring soft rubbing wheels
Quiet 2 motor design
for extra durability and stress free cleaning.
Eureka 4D Cleaning System
Introducing the new Eureka 4D Cleaning System - the first vacuum cleaning system that cleans your whole home in 4 dimensions - floors, stairs, above floor and even your indoor air.

8-06-07006.jpg

Target sells these for 149.00 I think walmart was 20.00 more.

Mikey P

Administrator
Wow Tom!

Thats a lot of stuff back there.

AS the only normal AT owner here can I ask you a couple of questions?

Why do you still have the ball valve on the third port? And if you're gonna let lint get in there why not toss the two other filters since you have to drain the lint out anyways. How do you get to the back of the unit with all that stuff? Remove it every time?

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Mikey, First off, the ball valve was an original item and I have tried not to stray too much from OEM. The same with the filters, they are factory. I have considered adding the third filter but never got around to it last year after going 2.5". You would be surprised how much crap they still collect which cuts down on what I dump. Do you think there would be much of a difference if I just bypassed it all? The vac is tremendous now... To convert this back to factory would only require re routing vac hoses and removing the Greenie Vanifold.

Yes, although we load the truck as needed for the day, it does get a bit crowded some times and can be a pain to get to the filters and stuff.
The Fans in the way back are only pulled if needed on floods so its not to inconvenient. ( less than having to go get more fans if they were not on the truck). That is why we are thinking about buying one of AT's Flood Trucks... they have WAY MORE ROOM!

And I AM a part time hack... the vacuum is not always on the truck...only when I am going to use it... like I said, I load it for the day and not every day do I need a vacuum and space is at a premium as you can see.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
LOL

I'm not a violent person... just allergic to BS !

Some people break out in hives, and take a pill...I want to eradicate the allergen at its source.

Supersucker

About cargo room in the AT.
I am surprised you guys don't have boxes mounted below the body for some of the items you don't use all the time, like the extension cords, additional fans etc.
It doesn't look fun to climb around in, what is it 4'6" box height?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Michael Schoeny has some on his AT and they look really sharp.as a matter of fact.I got with him today on that subject and he sent me a web site where to get them.......

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Jim Martin said:
Michael Schoeny has some on his AT and they look really sharp.as a matter of fact.I got with him today on that subject and he sent me a web site where to get them.......

For a common sense dude as yourself Jim, I would have thought the extra boxes would already be there by now. Makes perfect sense to me.

And other thing, why not have a lift gate. Getting those rotarys and other heavy crap out, it would be a no brainer.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Jim:
I would like the information on the boxes as well if you don't mind sharing.
( I'm always needing more room! as you can see...)
Super Sucker:
The inside box height is 5'2".

Also AT now offers a ramp, that of course was not available when I purchased our truck. No lift gate that I am aware of.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Been tossing it around since Vegas last year...Michael Schoeny had some on a truck there.until now I never really needed any......My plan is to get some and store all chemicals in them.out of the truck and away from everything else..........so if some spills or the desert heat pops a seal I don't have to worry about it getting all over the truck...Not sure on a lift......may get old moving it all the time to get into the back to get something out........I was looking at a different AT truck and it had a ramp on it like the big moving vans..slid in and out down the center of the frame

http://www.awdirect.com/extreme-duty-al ... ool-boxes/

John Watson

Mike Ellis in Olympia,Wa Has black boxes I think on his V truck. Both colors Black or polished AL look great and really fits well on those type of truck. You guys all must be long leggers cause Me, I have to carry a 2 step cheater just to get in the back of my van. I would have to carry a step ladder to get in a V or AT.

Still waiting to see one of those type units with twin stacks, Damion's rig with the single looks so neat!!!

I keep looking at the contents photo and can't find the Christmas Goose, where you hiding that???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom