I know this is old news, but the no drill zone!!!! Really????

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
STUPID!!!!

I'm trying to see how it's possible to mount a truck mount, and I've seen some Transits with a slide in. So how did they do it?

Is anyone on here have one? Did you install the truck mount yourself? Any tips?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You just have to drop the gas tank..
Use a floor jack and just lower it enough to get your hands in there to run you bolts.

Is that floor some kind of polycarbonate? I've not looked beneath one but you need it to bite on something more that that floor. I plates for sure. Look and see if you can attach it to the frame with iron.

Last thing you want is to get crushed by it in a rollover.

Reactions: BIG WOOD and Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yes, plates for sure! That is with any common install..

Able 1

Name
Keith
Use a floor jack and just lower it enough to get your hands in there to run you bolts.

Fook that!! It will be on the floor! I will go up with the bolts also so the head is under the van.. You will need to drill holes also, so the more room the better!!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Matt, I'd mark a template, drop the tank and drill. Through backing plates underneath, bring the bolts up through the deck, then washer and nut them down tightly so they never move again.

Use your template to mark a 3/4" plywood pad. Use a 1 1/4" hole saw to cut openings and set it loosely in place over the bolts. The pad is a spacer. Put your machine on the bolts and snug it home, using large washers.

Now your machine can be removed without the tank ever having to be dropped in the future.

Name your next legitimate child "Stephen." God knows there are enough bastards running around...

Able 1

Name
Keith
I do that with hose reel bolts but never a machine. Is there a reason for that Keith or are you just an idiot? :winky:
LOL, just don't want the bolts to puncture or get in the way of me remounting the tank.. I like to get it done right the first time imbecile!:biggrin:

Not much to theses new transit vans underneath, they look weak as fook!

Why do it for your hose reel? Usually nothing in the way for that..

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL, just don't want the bolts to puncture or get in the way of me remounting the tank.. I like to get it done right the first time imbecile!:biggrin:

Not much to theses new transit vans underneath, they look weak as fook!

Why do it for your hose reel? Usually nothing in the way for that..
Double nut it. :shifty: No Nate not that!

Use a long bolt. Come up through the floor, use a fender washer and tighten a nut down. The slip the reel on the bolt and washer and nut it. When you need it out of the way for maintenance, just loosen the nut and slip the reel off. No need to crawl beneath the van.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Double nut it. :shifty: No Nate not that!

Use a long bolt. Come up through the floor, use a fender washer and tighten a nut down. The slip the reel on the bolt and washer and nut it. When you need it out of the way for maintenance, just loosen the nut and slip the reel off. No need to crawl beneath the van.
So the reel sits on 4 nuts with big washers, or what?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Just wrong.. If you want to take it out you use these..
14949029437701975619982.jpg

Aluminum bolt them to the floor and then you can take the reel out and in no problem..:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom