I Like Evan Kessler !

Discussion in 'the Bird Room' started by The Wizard, Jan 22, 2007.

1. The Wizard
    The Wizard

I really do. Evan gave us all the opportunity to use his ICS Board.

I have talked with him a couple of times, and he seems right on to me. I have had no problems with him what so ever.

The Wizard.
  2. White-Magic rebuilder
    White-Magic rebuilder

I don't hate him, just want him to play fair!
  3. Guest

Probably most everyone likes him. I've only met him at Connections and Winterfest, and he seemed like a great guy. I think the frustration is with not being able to be completely honest about all subjects or products on the ICS board.
  4. Ed Hartman
    Ed Hartman

Never met the man, although one day the phone rang and my caller ID said "Evan Kessler". I answered and he hung up on me! I guess when I re-registered on ICS he wanted to confirm I was a legit poster..To bad, I would of shot the bull with him
  5. truckmount girl
    truckmount girl

1800greenglides

Name:
    Lisa Smith
    I like Evan too, a lot. He is a good guy, but he is also hired to do a job, he doesn't have the freedom Mikey does.

Take care,
    Lisa
  6. Scott Rogers
    Scott Rogers

Have to say, If they continue to eliminate any post that give negative feedback on products their advertisers make then the board is about useless.

If a good forward looking company was advertising on there, you would think they would want feedback good and bad so they could continue to improve their products.
  7. truckmount girl
    truckmount girl

1800greenglides

Name:
    Lisa Smith
    I agree Scott, and a few companies DO use the negative feedback to change, I remember a few years ago I posted stating that the Stain magic double spray bottles were crap, and they contacted me and sent me a prototype of their "new and improved" model to help them evaluate it. It impressed me.

Take care,
    Lisa
    Steve Lawrence likes this.
  8. rhyde
    rhyde

Name:
    rhyde
    was he the fat guy ridding the segway all over the place at connections?

the guy that needed exercise the most wasn't getting it :roll:
  9. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    I like the guy too

but his board and it's politics blow.
  10. GRHeacock
    GRHeacock

I like Evan too. I consider him a true gentleman, with a tough job. I would not want his job. Too tough for me.

I know he has bent over backwards to be as fair as possible to all.

But there is a limit, and crossing that limit can cause problems.

The same goes for all of us with customers and friends.

I say- be as fair with him as with anybody.

Gary
  11. Guest

My Evan Kessler BOUNTY still stands!

A cash REWARD to anyone that can get me incriminating evidence on him!!!
  12. The Wizard
    The Wizard

Hey Bob:

How old are you ?

Do you not have anything better to do with your time?

The Wizard.
  13. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    Just about dead and no, no he doesn't

Where you been Wiz?
  14. erick herdt
    erick herdt

Ya, I think poor Evan is caught between a rock (the advertisers) and a hard place (the rest of the industry).

His is a job I wouldn't want in a "Vawter's Lifetime", which I think cranks in at about 79 or so years long... and counting.
  15. Greenie
    Greenie

I hear Vawter was 119, got a pact with the debil.
  16. tcul
    tcul

Yeah, it's his job to try to get people banned ON OTHER BOARDS!

He didn't like one of my posts on the blue board and cried and whined to JG demanding JG ban me.

Is that part of his job description?

Wake up and meet: THE REAL EVAN KESSLER!

If he lived in Berlin in the late 30's, he'd be turning people in right and left to the gestapo.

"I VAS JUST FOLLOWING DA ORDAHS!"
  17. Derek
    Derek

Supportive Member

Name:
    Derek
    agreed, he has a tough job "baby-sitting"... no different than Mike and the admins here. if Mike and the admins here feel they have it hard, i reckon Ev has it ALOT harder because of the $ involved. that's his JOB.

ALL of our job is to just CC...this forum is just a hobby (if you will) for it's admins.

thanx for this great forum and admin'ing, definitely not easy...especially when your not getting paid to do it!

--- Derek.
  18. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    Oh I get paid alright...

I must have made at least 700 big ones so far.
  19. Duane Oxley
    Duane Oxley

Moon Unit

Name:
    Duane moon unit
    I like Evan... I've had more than a few "formal" and "informal" conversations with him. I consider him to be a friend.

He does have a tough job. He's a magazine publisher. And the magazine is given away, free, to it's target audience, carpet care people. That means that it's supported by ads. So, "Yes.", he does get put in a strange position, regarding the ICS Board. He sees it (and rightfully so) as a "free service" to the readers of the magazine.... "Free", because, in truth, ICS doesn't make any real income from it.

Carpet cleaners are, by and large, very independent and even raucous at times. From a professional, "at- length" standpoint, that can be tough to deal with, especially if he's focused on other things, primarily, (like running a magazine, attending trade shows, meeting deadlines, etc...).

So I can see clearly how at times, the board is as much of a burden as it is anything else. And that's, I'm sure, why he put filters in for certain words.... so that he won't get a call to go look at the board and decide whether the latest "non industry discussion" needs to be toned down, eliminated, or ignored... more often than he already does...

...That's what the Blue Board is for...:eek:)

I don't envy him his job, even one iota...
  20. tcul
    tcul

"So I can see clearly how at times, the board is as much of a burden as it is anything else. And that's, I'm sure, why he put filters in for certain words.... so that he won't get a call to go look at the board and decide whether the latest "non industry discussion" needs to be toned down, eliminated, or ignored... more often than he already does...

...That's what the Blue Board is for...Surprised)"

So why does he approach the admin of other boards and demand THEY ban people from THEIR BOARDS?!

Evidently, he is not so busy monitoring HIS OWN BOARD. He still finds time to police OTHER BOARDS!

That's abit too much.
    TC